AJ vs Usyk is next week

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Carl Weathers

Carl Weathers Member Full Member

Nov 3, 2019
    This content is protected

2. Cookiedough

Cookiedough Active Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2020
    I do favour Usyk. I think he can steer clear of the bombs and maybe score a late stoppage. It only takes one, so it isn’t a massively confident pick. I don’t read a lot into the Chisora fight, as I thought it was a tough fight for Usyk, as Chisora is for most, and I thought Usyk handled it well. AJ is a tougher test, but Usyk is special, and can adapt. He will have worked on his strength and I assume his sparring will have been tailored to AJ. It’s a great match up, one of the most intriguing heavyweight battles for quite some time.

3. Terminator

Terminator Active Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Eddie Earn going full david brent lately

4. hobby rider

hobby rider Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2020
    The only reason he spoke out is because it’s part of his rebranding since his return. Books, appearances, crappy social media sponsorship posts etc

He’s become everything he used to criticise Joshua for.

5. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Spot on.

The big dosser was doing autograph sessions in Blackpool ffs.

6. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    It's definitely a very intriguing fight. Think I'll say Joshua points decision, possibly a late stoppage. I think it'll be fairly cagey most of the fight, with both having having short moments of success to influence the judges and I can see Joshua winning rounds with more eye-catching work being the bigger guy landing the bigger punches and seeing Usyk getting physically moved and rocked by the punches. Think it'll go the distance, but maybe a stoppage rounds 11-12 with a late barrage from Joshua like in the Klitschko fight.

7. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    i pretty much agree with this assessment. I was really surprised at the forum and general social media reaction to the Chisora fight. People citing that as some sort of evidence that Usyk can’t handle HWs. I thought it demonstrated the total opposite.

Guru88 and Safin like this.
  8. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    No, it wasn't. It was a version who had spent 18+ months out of the ring, coming off the loss, fighting in what is effectively Joshua's home arena, 41 years old...

Just because he adopted more eye-friendly tactics does not mean it was a better version. He was lunging in like a drunken sailor with lead left hooks out of desperation only about 4 or 5 rounds in, totally gassing.

Fury beat the considerably better version, in more impressive fashion, in unfavourable circumstances.

Haha.

Comparing Fury and Joshua to Ronaldo and Messi? Is this a wind up?

Joshua has had one 50-50 in his entire career and he's nearly 32 and was recently absolutely battered by a tiny little Mexican bloke who had a tougher time battling obesity than Joshua.

No amount of Pudding Pulev's, Paint Dry Parker's, Tickling Takam's, ***** Tits Breazeale's etc. can make up for such an embarrassing performance and exposure.

Good one. And his loss against Andy Rice Pudding Jr is the equivalent of England getting knocked out of Euro 2016 by Iceland, or worse. A stinker.

Glenn McKrory and Jurgen like this.
  9. Moe Balbaghe

Moe Balbaghe New Member Full Member

Sep 19, 2021
    Really tough one to call this. Can't really settle on a firm prediction because there are so many ways I can see it playing out. I put a fiver on Usyk because it's a better return than an AJ win

Are we thinking that if it goes the distance it's favouring Usyk more, or AJ?

10. Guru88

Guru88 Active Member Full Member

Sep 6, 2020
    There’s no way in a million years they will give Usyk the decision, even if he won 12 rounds. Are they really going to hand over the belts from the cash cow and stop the Fury/Joshua mega fight happening? No chance, I have this fight 60/40 in Usyks favour (if everything was fair) but I would be shocked if he got the decision, a late stoppage is his chance

Moe Balbaghe likes this.
  11. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Matchroom Promotion going to the cards - Usyk will need 12 knockdowns to get a draw.

Guru88, Safin, Inglis_1 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Bumnard_Hopkins

Bumnard_Hopkins Burger King banned Full Member

Jul 13, 2021
    They might. He will have to do a rematch.
    The rematch will be definitely rigged.

13. Nick UK

Nick UK Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2019
    Re - the posts above - I really hope the decision isnt rigged - and I feel its only fair to both fighters who have trained so hard for it to allow the fight to happen before making such assumptions

I fear that if AJ wins a close fight legit then a lot of people will claim rigged anyway - he really does seem to engender a lot of saltiness

Also I hope that whoever wins gets the credit they deserve. Its a great fight with two clashing styles and what we assume will be two very differing skill sets. We dont know how either is going to fight - will Usyk pressure? Will AJ try box and move? Ring size ? No idea which size would suit either so I think we can dispose of any theories re that surely?

The claims Usyk is washed up (mainly by you Surrix) already that have been voiced I really dont understand tbh. He has chosen to come up to HW and is fighting AJ virtually straight away after fast tracking him to mandatory - you can hardly blame AJ for not fighting him earlier ?!
    For me he is a really skilled fighter with excellent feet and great angles - he should pose AJ some real problems. I think AJ can come through though we will see

Re decisions I will be the first to complain if the margin should be wide one way and its called the wrong way but fingers firmly crossed
    There have been a lot of decisions recently that really scream fix and it is really quite depressing!

Brixton Bomber and Mitch87 like this.
  14. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I usually just scroll past Surrix’s posts - surprised not everyone does!

15. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    It's a Matchroom show with its biggest cash cow, of course there's no way Usyk will get a decision. False diplomacy is just pointless.