AJ vs Whyte and Wilder vs Fury Could clash

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Dec 10, 2018.

1. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Apparently the rematch could land on the Wembley date.

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Hearn might well cancel the Wembley date, I reckon.
    He actually mentioned (since the Fury-Wilder fight last week) the next Joshua fight might be Miller in America, to make a statement.

3. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    This must be on purpose, it`s a bigger fight, but by themselves on different dates AJ might get bigger figures, I`m kind of glad it`s being planned, because I don`t like te AJ v Whyte fight, I`m not that interested and I might not pay for it, but Whyte is better than his first clash with AJ.

4. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Whyte`s far better than Miller.

5. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Could be him trying to force Eddie's hand a bit

6. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Well it won’t “clash” as such because the Wilder-Fury match will happen in Vegas and so will take place about 5 hours after the finish of Joshua’s fight. That would actually be brilliant for the HW landscape although very unfair on fans who would be expected to fork out huge sums on two PPVs, some paying hundred of pounds for a Wembley ticket and travel first.

There is not a chance in hell we’ll have two stadium fights in the UK in the same night.

Northadox, Twentyman, 305th and 2 others like this.
  7. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Fairly certain that Joshua is contracted to Wembley for his next fight regardless so the Miller in America rumours (which seem to have been around for ages) can be dismissed.

Also, whilst nobody would necessarily want the clash, there is no way, in a billion years, that Warren allows any negative impact to PPV sales for his biggest star. People will moan on about the 'fact' that Fury's now a major PPV name and casuals are sick of Joshua. Those people presumably have forgotten Joshua just did north of a million against Povetkin.

8. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Warrens revenge.

9. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    But Mr Warren is all about the fans.

moog and Scissors like this.
  10. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    True but people ain't paying for 2 ppv's on the same night. They will choose one.

There is no way a BT exec will allow themselves to lose money going up against AJ.

11. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    No danger having both fights on the same night. Regardless of who got more sales, it would affect both fights as well surely?

12. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Frank was on the windup..nothing to see here.

S.K, ButeTheBeast and Scissors like this.
  13. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    There is zero point pretending who would get the most sales in fairness. It categorically would be Joshua.

14. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    This is complete 'sour grapes' from Frank. He always says it's about the fans and then talks about doing the rematch on the same day as AJ.
    He is also going on about Fury should get 50/50 split if he fought Joshua. What a joke! AJ is more popular and has the belts so should be at least 60/40 in AJ favour. Yet another excuse on not wanting the AJ fight by demanding a ridiculous percentage. Exactly like Wilder in my opinion!

TonyHayers likes this.
  15. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Hearn will make some soppy fight like miller or whyte 2

CLOUGHGOAT likes this.