AJ vs Wilder. In the US or the U.K.?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by KingFury64, Mar 12, 2018.

AJ vs Wilder. In the US or the U.K.?

1. The US

19 vote(s)
    20.4%
  2. The U.K.

74 vote(s)
    79.6%
  1. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    UK. Home advantage to the majority belt holder. UK. Joshua is the A side. UK. Money. If Wilder wins, or if he loses but performs well and there is a rematch then the US should be where it happens. His stock will rise enough to be worth a bit more money. If Joshua makes him look terrible and knocks him out then all his hard work of shouting and screaming about himself to gain interest would of been a bit of a waste of time.

KingFury64 likes this.
  2. Lith

Lith Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    He COULD be, depending who wins the Parker/Joshua fight.

3. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Are you kidding me? More people in the USA could probably name the backup quarterback for the University of Alabama's football team, than know who Wilder is. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't AJ a household name in the UK? Nobody outside of die hard boxing fans know who Wilder is in the States.

4. KingFury64

KingFury64 Active Member banned Full Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Clearly the U.K. Joshua is the draw and he and his team should not risk fighting in the US. I like many people feel that if the pair meet that Joshua will win by KO but should the fight go the distance then both fighters should expect a fair shake from the judges, I do not believe that would happen in the United States.

gmurphy, Mr Icaman and boranbkk like this.
  5. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Neither result supports that idea:

If Parker loses he won't have a title. Nor would fighting him present a better money option than fighting Joshua.

If Parker wins there is a rematch clause. So it would mean Joshua-Parker fighting again.

6. like a boss

Jul 30, 2012
    Tactically I agree Joshua should want it to be held in the UK. But there's nothing to suggest Wilder would get a fairer go in the UK than Joshua would in the States.

Bustajay likes this.
  7. Lith

Lith Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Of course, but eyes will be on him while he's the title holder - and he'd have to be the favourite coming in so long as Parker's win over him isn't reminiscent of Charles "I walk this man like a God" Martin's win over Glazkov

8. Ted Spoon

Ted Spoon Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2005
    It's very likely that, after Wilder feels he has been accommodated enough, the fight will take place in the UK thus ticking the box entitled 'Hearn's Ego'.

boranbkk likes this.
  9. KingFury64

KingFury64 Active Member banned Full Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Have you seen some of the scoring in the US recently??

gmurphy and boranbkk like this.
  10. like a boss

Jul 30, 2012
    I have seen a lot of scoring from various locations.

11. Darxide

Darxide Active Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2007
    My pick would be Sydney, neutral territory.. (and I am a bit biased).

12. James Smith

James Smith Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    I changed my vote to America. This is Joshua’s only chance to break the US market. It would of been a lot easier if Wilder fought better opponents up until now, but this is as good as it is going to get for Joshua.

13. JackSilver

JackSilver Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2017
    You seriously think this fight will go the distance? plus refs over in the U.K. tend to stop fights far too early like in Joshua’s last fight. I can easily see Wilder’s beanpole legs been wobbled by a Joshua shot and the British ref jumping in prematurely.

Manfred likes this.
  14. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Wembley. The Klitschko atmosphere was special. Froch - Groves was great. This would top the lot.

15. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Wilder didn't want to build up his american profile. That's the backside of cherrypicking weak opposition nobody cares for. So the answer is obvious. UK.

Bustajay likes this.