Ajagba vs Rivas & Shaw vs Vianello are set for January 14th

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chuck Norris, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    This content is protected

Keleneki, sasto, Hood. and 2 others like this.
  2. CroBox29

CroBox29 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Interesting fights, somehow I think that Shaw could win considering that Vianello has not improved at all, Rivas should outbox Ajagba, but we should not rule out the possibility that Ajagba can knock him out...

BeantownAll likes this.
  3. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    So Bridgerweight is essentially dead?

ForemanJab and sasto like this.
  4. Omega74

Omega74 Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2021
    I hope so.

5. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Can’t see any of these 4 challenging for a world title anytime soon

6. ILikeBoxingForRealz

ILikeBoxingForRealz Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2018
    I've got my tickets Chuck! Can't wait

Inglis_1 and Chuck Norris like this.
  7. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Why? If people on this forum wank themselves silly over tiny little blokes boxing in weight divisions partitioned by 7 pounds then what's wrong with bridgerweight? I don't get it.

People talk about "weight bullies" and someone being the "bigger man" when they weigh in the same (and in the ring normally not an enormous difference) but want 200 pound men to go up against 270 pound men because .... ?

By the way, I'd do away with all weight divisions. I support Tank Abbott in that notion. Weight divisions just give glory to little men who would be beaten up by a bad heavyweight.

8. Omega74

Omega74 Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2021
    We already saw a Heavyweight in Usyk, who was twice inside the briderweight limit, outboxing the 2nd best Heavyweight in the world. Seems like Boxers in the low 200s have a decent chance of beating the 240/250lbs super heavyweights, if they are skilled enough, and use their advantages smartly.
    The weight difference in the higher weight classes isnt as crucial, as it is in the lower weight classes. Thats why some lower weight classes have a 5 pound difference, while the higher ones, have differences up to 25lbs.
    On top of that, we already have enough weight divisions. It would be much better for boxing, if we just had 8, like in the early days. Nowadays the talented boxers spread out into the newly made divisions, which results in weaker divisions overall, and the best not fighting the best. F that briderweight division, the promoters and sanctioning bodys need to get it together, before boxing dies completely.

ForemanJab, ShovelHook and lobk like this.
  9. TheWizard

TheWizard I Got Milk Baby Full Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Ajagba vs Rivas is a great fight, props to Ajagba for not shying away from a challenge after the Sanchez loss

Keleneki and BeantownAll like this.
  10. BeantownAll

BeantownAll Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Shaw is somewhat similar to Frank Sanchez. I don't think he's got too much power, but I would give him the edge here.

The releases from Di Bella Entertainment would seem to indicate that they are treating Vianello as the A-side for this fight.

ShovelHook, CroBox29 and serioussam like this.
  11. serioussam

serioussam Active Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2021
    Great fights and well chosen opponent for Vianello. Pillow fisted Shaw against glass chin Vianello.
    I'm gonna bet on these.
    Rivas UD (don't think Ajagba improved)
    Shaw SD (don't think Vianello improved)

ShovelHook and CroBox29 like this.
  12. BeantownAll

BeantownAll Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2018
    I have no problem with Bridgerweight existing per se...

...but with boxers leaving cruiserweight because they can't get a decent payday there and moving to heavyweight....what makes anybody think that bridgerweight is commercially-viable?

You can go look at the WBC Bridgerweight rankings right now and you'll note that most of the fighters on that list have never, ever fought at Bridgerweight. It's just not even a thing right now.

13. BoxerMaurits

BoxerMaurits I’m from Sherdog Full Member

Jan 14, 2020

14. Rollin

Rollin Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2021
    Whay about Różański?

15. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018