Ajose Olusegun

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TFFP, Jan 26, 2008.

1. ron u.k.

ron u.k. Boxing Addict banned

Feb 14, 2006
    come on now olu this is one sassenach who predicted hatton would get knocked out,and am predicting your boy to beat wright.i'm going to have a real good look at ajose,and as you obviously rate him as the best 140 pounder on the planet i'll have to see if your faith in him is justified.

2. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I wonder how Hatton or Witter would get on with Wright? The pressure is building Olu :) lol....

3. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    No no no Ron:nono There was no afro-celtic alliance formed for the Hatton fight. The alliance was formed before then.
    The scottish posters friendship with Olu wasnt always so, in fact me & my good man Topdog argued with Olu here about scottish fighters against Olusegun before any of you englanders took notice of olu & his fighter Ajose Olusegun.

The arguments were very heated in fact, but as time went on a mutual respect was found, cos olu argues, & argues well. In fact, I dont even argue any of the scottish boys would beat Olusegun anymore. Thats how highly I rate Ajose now.
    As for my "poxy" comment about Wrights fans Ron, I stand by that!

Put yourself in my shoes for a moment Ron, a right scottish guy who loves his scottish fighters. The Braehead was pretty empty at the time as it was down the undercard a bit. But a big Wright support was there, & they were noisy. & then Wright came out & knocked our local scotsman out in the first! All Wrights fans then start singing England songs, & then sing "England England rule the world"

Come on its me of all people sitting there listening to that, of course I am going to call their fans poxy & want revenge for putting me through that torture!
    So imagine my delight when I hear a man who I have decided to support a while back then is going to Wrights backyard to put him to the sword in front of those fans of his! Of course Im delighted! Its worked out lovely as they say, or as you englanders would say 'lovely jubbley':D
    Revenge is a dish best served with haggis my man:good

4. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    When he said 'Celtic' he didnt mean Celtic the football team. 'Celtic' has another meaning you know!:lol:
    & you are right, of course I was bloody upset when Wright beat Mcintyre in a round!

Hes a good fighter is Wright, & I rate him highly. I simply cant believe Olusegun isnt getting more respect on ESB for facing a dangerous fighter like Wright in his own backyard.

This is a peach of a fight, make no mistake, & proves Olusegun wants the big fights.

5. ron u.k.

ron u.k. Boxing Addict banned

Feb 14, 2006
    well dunks my man i like to keep an eye on the alliances and little clique's that are formed,because it is invariably us englanders they are formed against! but that's history isn't it! as for the "poxy" element well the chances are they were,but they're football fans aren't they? that unfortunatly is the way it is,we've been on the receiving end of some **** behaviour over the years from the lads north of the border.as for ajose i think the jury's still out,i think he'll be too much for wright but it's the fact that olu,who's a good poster has him just about the no.1 140 pounder in the world and with what justification,while hatton, who lets face it has done a little bit gets dissed.i've got to support the local boy from 20miles down the road in this,but if ajose eventually goes right to the top and proves olu right then i would be pleased for him because he will have showed faith and stuck by his man all the way.:good

6. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007

No pressure mate as this what we do. The strong survive. God does not lie. Poor Nigel Wright the kid does not know what he has got coming to him.

7. Charles187

Charles187 Active Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Silly twat!

8. RichDam

RichDam Active Member Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Why? Because he backs his fighter? Olusegun still won.

9. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    But all this talk of Hatton and Witter seems a bit premature, to say the least? This isn't a kid we're talking about, the guy is in his late 20s.

10. RichDam

RichDam Active Member Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    After tonight's display it looks a long, long way off but I would not judge him solely on this fight. Every fighter has a shocker, Hatton v Collazo, Witter v Lynes, and it is the sign of a champion that you can come through that. I think there is still more to come from him.

11. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    He looked decent against Pryce but no more than that when I watched on YouTube but its hard to judge so I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt but on that showing he doesn't seem to have any particular strenghts....I don't see him doing much at world level at his age and Olus claims that Hatton and Witter are ducking him are ludicrous.

12. nerrad

nerrad New Member Full Member

Feb 3, 2008
    Ajose Olusegun Shite:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
    I respect Wright for taking the fight and I will respect him more if he turns up on the night and take his beating as a man and then tells the world how special Ajose is.
    Special????????????????? Shite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nigel Wright, Still not put on his arse! Beaten tonight by an amateurish scrappy wild puncher. very poor show for a so called WORLD class fighter.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
    Wright has made his 1st mistake by taking the fight. We are very up for it especially as it is in his hometown. Those of you who think Ajose can't punch are in for a shock. Take it to the bank.

Can’t punch!

13. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007

Correct we have stopped better fighters than Wright and beaten them more conclusively. Yes it was not a vintage performance but the mark of a champion is to overcome if when things are not going your way.

14. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Please check the post fight interview when Wright confirms that he has never been hurt the way Ajose hurt him and that Ajose was world class and a big puncher. Interesting that by the time the professional get in there with him they see the truth. I knew Wright was one of the best English/British fighters in the division but he surprised me by hanging in there and I give him credit because he came to fight like a man. It was our job to discourage him and his supporters which we did. Mission accomplished however I must thank them for their sportsmanship. Excellent fans and a credit to Nigel who has gone up in my estimation. In fact Dunky had said he regarded him highly which made me realise that I might actually have underestimtaed him which is a mistake we will not make again.

15. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    The signs were all there against Reid.