Alberto Puello Calderón vs. Jesús Antonio Rubio & Erick Yomer Rosa Pacheco vs. Ricardo Astuvilca RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jul 21, 2021.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    "The Machine" thinks he can match power with "The Droid", but...he just can't. He needs to box long instead of slugging or he's done for. Every time he does the latter he's made to look on the verge of crumbling. When he does the former you get the feeling he could still burgle this away on points even after that rocky start.

2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    20-17 García, not a whitewash round and Moreno had some moments, but too frequently got baited into stupid exchanges and got by far the worst of them.

3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Reinforcing empirically what the good old eye test suggests about their respective power:

Moreno is 11-2 (7). García is 12-0-0-3 (9).

Wtf, three no contests in just fifteen bouts? :dunno Is this guy a serial headbutter or something? Nothing like that has reared its head yet in this bout, as you'd normally expect between orthodox and southpaw.

4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    30-26 García, no frills to him, just plowing forward and kicking ass.

kiwi_boxer likes this.
  5. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer nighty night, ellerbe ☠ ☠ ☠ banned Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    This is wild @IntentionalButt :eek: :thumbsup:

Young boy getting beaten to a pulp by Garcia. Pizza face pending.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Moreno kind of damned if he does and damned if he doesn't at this point. Judges aren't going to like this constant backward motion and reticence to punch - but as much as he isn't going to get points that way, coming forward and opening up is just going to ensure he doesn't see the final bell. He needs to employ lateral & head movement and effectively timed inline counter-punching - all of which just don't seem to be part of his game.

40-35 García

7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    I think, despite being the visitor and not the one boasting an unbeaten record, he was actually considered the favorite here, too.

edit: and the favorite just had mercy taken on him by the ref.

TKO6! :ibutt

kiwi_boxer likes this.
  8. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer nighty night, ellerbe ☠ ☠ ☠ banned Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Crazy! He didn't even get a look in...
    The irony is that the young fella is like a poor mans Ryan Garcia, and was beaten by a Garcia

:risas3:

9. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Not even close to one. I was so sure of this outcome, I didn't even add it to Kirk's League. I mean, four of his opponents were debutants, the other 4 combined had a record of 1-7-0.. That's ****ing dreadful.:lol:

10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Nice power flurry by García to force the finish. Nothing fancy but didn't get totally sloppy, just case a wide net taking aim for head or chest or whatever he could touch and kept wailing.

11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Ooh, just had another glance at that knockdown from round 1 from a different angle...that was maybe a millimeter away from being a low blow. Maybe that's what García's spate of NC's was from, nut shots.

johnny_o likes this.
  12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Francisco Alberto Silvens Mateo vs. Alexis Benjamin García García, 6 rounds @ heavyweight

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Couple of thirty-something Quisqeyano chonky bois here.

Silvens a glass cannon, 23-2 (22 victories and both losses by KO). García undefeated yet unproven at 10-0 (6).

Best fighter either has faced is Vladimir Tereshkin, who retired Silvens after four rounds.

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    García is the southpaw in red gloves; Silvens the Bermane Stiverne lookalike in black gloves.

15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    ..."Stiverne, if you pancaked his face with a steel chair" lookalike, anyway.

johnny_o likes this.