Alberto Puello Calderón vs. Jesús Antonio Rubio & Erick Yomer Rosa Pacheco vs. Ricardo Astuvilca RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jul 21, 2021.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Two zip. Lad needs to change up his nickname, ASAP.

2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    30-27 Rosa Pacheco, long spells of tedious nothingness with both men pecking at each other's wrists from a safe distance with jabs until Astuvilca ends up hurt or rocked off-balance from a sudden landed or arm-blocked shot, and then...diddly squat.

3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Whoa! Astivulca is credited with a knockdown in the fourth, with a minute left. Rosa Pacheco looks shocked and indignant and the crowd sounds angry. I'll need to see a replay. There was definitely a punch from the Peruvian but hard to see whether it connected from that angle - plus the way Rosa Pacheco fell did seem more like a tripping stumble. The ref counted, though, so that's a 10-8 for the visitor automatically.

38-37 Rosa Pacheco

edit: yeah, slow motion replay from multiple angles shows their lead feet got entangled while both were throwing, I'm pretty sure neither one made flush contact with anything. Bad call by the ref.

4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Rosa Pacheco is clearly pissed about that bogus knockdown ruling, and begins to belt Astivulca from pillar to post with right hooks and left uppercuts. Punishing combos to body and head, dominating. Astivulca shrinking himself down, jabbing up, planting his feet and spearing rights into the belt line to slow Rosa Pacheco's advance.

10-9 Rosa Pacheco

48-46 Rosa Pacheco

5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Rosa Pacheco gets a little complacent and lazy with his target practice, and wanders into a couple of chopping right hands from Astivulca, wobbled slightly. Mouse forming on the left cheek of Rosa Pacheco now. Lots of posing and jabbing in the final minute-plus, and then a frantic but mostly ineffective flurry downstairs by Rosa Pacheco.

10-9 Astivulca

57-56 Rosa Pacheco

Boxingfan2 likes this.
  6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Mini Pacman circling, waiting, and very sporadically throwing and landing in quick & serpentine fashion, getting the crowd amped up, only to squander the moment, time and time again.

67-65 Rosa Pacheco

7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    77-74 Rosa Pacheco, still buzzing Astuvilca when he cuts loose with the hand speed but still unconcerned with doing a thing about it.

8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Astuvilca keeps attempting to rip the lid of a pier-6 brawl, yet always come away from it eating more shots and having gained nothing of any strategic value, as he is getting out-landed in plain view of the judges but also expending more breath and energy in the bargain.

87-83 Rosa Pacheco

sasto likes this.
  9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Astuvilca warned very sternly for a foul, I think a low blow (edit: nope, he rammed his shoulder blade up into Rosa Pacheco's jaw, pretty flagrantly), fearfully kowtowing before the ref who towers at least a foot over him. There is another warning less than a minute later, for holding, after Rosa Pacheco had been whipping him with right hooks. Ref makes it very clear that one more infraction of any kind will start costing Astuvilca points.

97-92 Rosa Pacheco

10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Crowd is so flat; I really think at least half went home after Puello fought.

11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Astuvilca weathering the right hooks of Rosa Pacheco, ducking to get inside and either tying up or smothering the Dominican with body shots, twisting at the waist for torque, oblivious to all the counters Rosa Pacheco is beaning off his skull.

107-101 Rosa Pacheco

12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    There's one drunk lady just hooting repeatedly in short, clipped, loud, high-pitched bird-like chirps.

WHOOOOOOOOOOO. WHOO-WHOO-WHOO! WHOO.

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Rosa Pacheco bashing the side of the head of this weird looking Peruvian challenger (think if Lothar from the Rocketeer had a mini-me) with right hooks, some of them quite hefty, but can't put him away.

117-110 Rosa Pacheco

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Official cards:

Guillermo Pineda 114-113 (lolwut!)
    Oscar Peña 117-110
    Oscar Pérez Carbonel 117-110

UD for Erick Rosa

15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Jesus! :lol: So much for social distancing. I count, no lie, 40+ people in the ring. Probably more than fifty, I actually lost count. Rosa Pacheco is raised on the shoulders of a member of his team but before that it was like a Where's Waldo?.