Alberto Puello Calderón vs. Jesús Antonio Rubio & Erick Yomer Rosa Pacheco vs. Ricardo Astuvilca RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jul 21, 2021.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Sounds like the commentators are rightfully mocking that scorecard turned in by Guillermo Pineda.

2. johnny_o

johnny_o Member Full Member

Dec 26, 2020
    Lol, no. Gonzalez' record completely empty and was +500 to win.

3. johnny_o

johnny_o Member Full Member

Dec 26, 2020
    Nope, odds were even wider than Castillo-Gonzalez and the favorite won.

4. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Only looked at this show once or twice.
    Was good to hear the voice of wrestling, good Ole JR

Drew101 likes this.
  5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Ah, well... I was going by the placement of the names on BoxRec, a sometimes reliable but hardly foolproof method of determining who the A-side is (based on how the promoters submit the card info to its editors, with the format usually dictating A-sides - usually but not always the house fighter, and usually but not always the favorite - on the left and the 'opponent' in the starboard column).

On a British or American show the 8-0 guy would be the fave over somebody with a record such as Lenín Castillo's in 99% of cases, even with the latter having faced better competition. Guess it goes to show just how much padding goes on in Latin America.

(but also, Lenín Castillo and Hector García - both of whom BoxRec has ex post factor sneakily moved into the left column as is their next-day wont - are Dominicans, while their opponents were foreigners, which I guess should've tipped me off. So, mea culpa :p)

CST80 and johnny_o like this.
  6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Lots of blasts from the past besides JR; you should check it out some more. Last two episodes have been dynamite indeed, and next Wednesday could blow them both away.

I still don't regret giving this Shuan Boxing card live viewing priority last night, though - even as sleep-deprived as it has left me. The whole undercard leading up to both slightly disappointing co-main events was excellent, aside from the dismal heavyweights.

Everybody should check out that kayo by Ángel Cruz.

(starts three hours and 58 minutes in)

Drew101 and Bustajay like this.