Alen Babic is fighting again in December.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CroBox29, Nov 30, 2021.

1. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Babic is always fun to watch

But to keep the train going they need to continue to match him against light hitting smaller HWs

2. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    He sparred with Whyte and Joyce, he is ready to step up, if not, than that's it for him. Why fight another low level opponent ?

This content is protected

This content is protected

3. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    He beat Molina, that was a step up. He should fight Dave Allen.

JunlongXiFan likes this.
  4. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Babic vs Allen would be epic. Babic would beat Allen so badly he'd make him retire (again).

JunlongXiFan likes this.
  5. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    What about Charr? Too big a chew for Babic?

6. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Thought Eddie was trying to make The cabbage v Allen. ?

Can we not just wheel Big Pricey out to stop this **** show ?

7. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I'm on the bandwagon for as long as it lasts.

He's too small for heavyweight but is fun to watch.

8. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I think it's you that needs to shut the **** up and go back into hiding, because this post, is far more cringey and delusional than anything you've said about Dillian Whyte, and your cringey delusional comments about Whyte are copious. So... Wlad and AJ KO'd him? Yeah, well... Wlad and AJ also beat Povetkin rather easily. Then he came back KO'd Price, easily beat Hughie and sparked your boy. Shouldn't that have taught you a little something about levels? Pulev is still one of the trickiest fighters in the division as evidenced by he beatdown of Hughie and dominating win over Chisora a few years back. Babic has fought no one of real note, no one with a decent chin, and the mere fact that he went 5 rounds with a nobody like Mark Bennett, lasted 3 rounds with Tom Little, who Majidov brutally sparked in 2 rounds should tell you something. Okay, fine, he KO'd Molina in 2, and what exactly does that prove? The man clearly has no more passion, he puts little effort into winning and is taking dive after dive, because he's only in it for the money at this point. He's never set foot into the ring with a boxer with a ring IQ above dimwit, he's never faced anyone all that durable, and he's certainly never fought someone with the ring IQ of Kubrat Pulev, which is Mensa level compared to this stumpy clown. Get a grip and rein in the fanboying, you know with it got you last time when you started proclaiming someone infallible. A year long self imposed exile to spare yourself the embarrassment and heartache. Don't get attached to this hacky clown, his ceiling is Gorman and Fa level.

Wizbit1013, iii and JunlongXiFan like this.
  9. JabbaTheGut

JabbaTheGut Active Member Full Member

Sep 17, 2019
    As soon as he fights a durable opponent there to win he loses

CST80 likes this.
  10. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    May I suggest you use paragraphs next time? It helps the reader.

Hey, no need to get triggered, I am not hailing Babic as the next coming. He is what he is, a guy who turned pro late and likes to fight.

He happens to be at a disadvantage given his stature and yet he beat Tom Little faster than Hrgovic or Dubois, with a solid TKO despite being 5 inches shorter and 30. Pounds lighter than those two.

He beat winters faster than Joseph Parker and more convincingly.

And Pulev really did get smashed By AJ it wasn’t competitive at all infact I have never seen Pulev get man handled in that fashion before. Flinching, wincing, turning his back to hide from punches.

What was my bottom line in all this? Babic ain’t as shyte as this forum makes him out to be, otherwise he would be losing to these guys, instead he is overcoming his size disadvantage and putting on performances on par or better than current beastly prospects like Dubois Hrgovic and Wardley. He retired Little for god sake.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  11. Stu007

Stu007 Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    He's clearly too small to do anything at Heavyweight, and unwilling to cut down to Cruiser - So he might as well have a proper go at Bridgerweight.

Currently ranked third, fight Szpilka or Djeko before having a fight with Rivas.

12. OldSchoolBoxing

OldSchoolBoxing Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2021
    Make him fight Nordic Nightmare and let's see what happens.

CANNONBALL likes this.
  13. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Too small to do anything? He’s already done something.

14. Stu007

Stu007 Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Yeah, too small to challenge the top 10 or anyone thats likely to hold a World title in the next 3 years.

Don't get me wrong, I like watching Babic - but he isn't technically good enough to give away loads of size to the top in the division.

JunlongXiFan likes this.
  15. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Yeah but who here said he was going for a title? Or would beat any top level elite guys?

Nobody. In fact, Babic himself said he doesn't care about a title, he just likes to fight.

JunlongXiFan likes this.