Alex Arthur vs Koba Gogoladze

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by achillesthegreat, Jul 22, 2007.

1. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I think Alex did good all considering.

Koba was fighting fast and Alex just had to catch up. This isn't the amateurs, this is the pros. It is a 12 round fight not a 4 round amateur fight. Alex caught up with him after 4 rounds.

Amateurs don't fight on the inside, they hold. That is what Koba was doing.

Gogo was fighting messy but Alex kept going about his work methodically and it took its toll more and more.

Who knows what is next for Alex. Warren might get him the WBO title v Gomez or he may fight Guzman (he might be fighting Soto though).

Either way, Alex did good.

2. Boro chris

Boro chris Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Its a cliche but he 'won ugly' and did what he had to do.

3. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    I'd love if Warren could get him Fana , that'd have Arthur a unified champ in boxings toughest division .

4. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    That's a good call!

5. The Exile

The Exile FUBAR Full Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Agreat win in a tough fight against a dirty as **** opponent, things are starting to look pretty good again for AAA.

6. MoneyPunch

MoneyPunch New Member Full Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Alex is a top man, but he'll get ruthlessly exposed if he ever gets a fight against the big guns in the division.

If Guzman can(unlikely), make 130 again, and fights Arthur, AAA has no chance IMO.

7. GOTTIcsc

GOTTIcsc Glasgow Celtic FC Full Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Alex Artur got made an example of by a mediocre fighter like Gomez.If the fella he was fighting last night was 24 instead of 34 Arthur would have been beat again.

I mean im Scottish and i like him but youve got to be realistic

8. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    If Arthur doesn't fight Guzman and then unifies v Fana and catches MAB after the PAC fight then who knows, just like that, he becomes a MAJOR player!

9. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    You're Scottish and yet you don't know Arthur is a completely different fighter now ?

If Marco Antonio Barrera got owned by Junior Jones twice surely he would have no chance against Morales..............oh wait .

Barrera used to be a one dimentional slugger , Arthur used to be a come forward fighter with 0(absolutely no) defence . Both are different fighters now .

Gogoladze wasn't even a pro at 24 , that 34 year old version of him last night is prime Koba Gogoladze .

To me you seem like one of those Scots who doesn't like Arthur(and there's plenty of them) and make it seem like your not against him because you're Scottish .

10. AAA

AAA Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Anyone got the fight to put on youtube? I couldn't watch it last night and was left only with text updates from a mate.

And Gotticsc, stop bringing up a fight nigh on 5 years ago as an example why will never do anything at world level. As BigEars said...vastly different fighter now.

11. AAA

AAA Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2005
    joey, speaking for myself, I never have said Arthur could beat a Manny or Marquez. Just defending a fighter I like, who for some reason, really struggles to get any sort of respect or kudos for what he has achieved from many people on this forum.

12. chewy 22

chewy 22 Member Full Member

Jul 5, 2007
    that defeat against Gomez made him a much better fighter

he's got skills, he's a lot better defence wise. hes one of the top 5 punchers in the division IMO

13. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    Man, I had you as a stick-on to be either down in Wales or glued to the TV screen cheering Arthur on, & you tell us that you didnt even see the fight? If you can come up with a good enough excuse for missing your boys biggest fight, I will see what I can do regarding getting the fight uploaded... All I can do is ask my friends in high places, & see if they deem you worthy of a request at Robertholland26 videos...;)

14. AAA

AAA Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2005
    I was going to go to the fight through my work (part of a bonus thing), but it was too late to get it sorted out!!

And yes, I was fully expecting to make up for it by just watching it on tv. Being poor, left with just council telly, so couldn't get ITV4. Have no fear I thought, the local pub will have it (barman said they did)...but no, they didn't.

So there was me sitting glued to my mobile instead getting round by round text updates!

Not good enough I know! :patsch