Alexander Povetkin vs David Haye who wins?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Fighting Fungus, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Fighting Fungus

Fighting Fungus Active Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2012
  2. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Povetkin by knockout!!!

BoxerToxer likes this.
  3. silly_illy

silly_illy Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 5, 2008
    its a good intreging match!

4. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Where are the guys who claimed Haye will win by KO in 2 rounds? We all know Haye didn't look good vs. a limited Chisora for the first 3-4 rounds. I wonder how he'd look vs. Povetkin if he jumps him like that.

5. Fighting Fungus

Fighting Fungus Active Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Too bad the top heavyweights do not fight each other.

6. jazza

jazza Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Povetkin retired what are u guys talking about lol

7. Beatle

Beatle Sheer Analysis Full Member

Apr 12, 2009
    If Povetkin can take flush punches from Vlad all night, he can take them from Haye.

Haye, on the other hand, has a shaky chin. The only reason he went the distance with Vlad is that he ran away all night. Povetkin pressed the action.

Povetkin beats Haye by KO in a shoot-out. If Haye plays defense, he'll lose on points just like Eddie Chambers and Ruslan Chagaev did.

8. Son of Gaul

Son of Gaul Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 16, 2010
    'aye would kill that guy.

9. YearZero

YearZero Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Did you see Povetkin's footwork ? He has none. Haye will simply slide to the side everytime povetkin charges in straight forward outscoring him on the way to a wide UD. otherwise possibly catch him coming in with a shot. This is heavyweights brah, a correctly timed power punch will put almost anyone down. Also he never really ate a solid right hand from Wlad seeing as wlad wasn't really throwing rights and he got dropped/stunned all through the night... hardly this unstoppable chin you are eluding to.

Also alot of commentators believe that Wlad could have finished him off if he wanted to after the 7th, but he held back for reasons unknown, I have to agree because Povetkin was extremely shaky and had no legs left - he was ready to go!

Also a massive question mark hangs over Povetkin's conditioning, he was breathing like a horse since the first round, I think his conditioning is pisspoor, and will also be exposed vs Haye.

10. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Povetkin proved against Wlad that he is tough and won't just fold and that he could cut off the ring well based upon the number of clinches he forced Wlad to make. So he could be a very tough fight for Haye.

But Haye tends to stop fighters who come at him, Mormeck, Chisora, Ruiz etc all walked into his power and came off 2nd best. Also unlike Wad, Haye will look to finish it when the opportunity presents itself. If he can KO Chisora he can KO Povetkin.

If Povetkin can not get KO'ed and take the fight late where his pressure will tire Haye he can maybe win. But I have always favoured the faster, slicker, harder hitting Haye and I still do. Haye KO.

11. speck

speck Milky Way Resident Full Member

Apr 3, 2010
    This fight will sell well, I'm sure of it.

Going for Haye KO but Povetkin UD is likely too.

12. Jackson's Fury

Jackson's Fury Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2013
  13. itsa huge bitch

itsa huge bitch Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 9, 2011
    povetkin wins..out of shape povetkin loses by stoppage tho

14. Ahurath

Ahurath Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Well I've heard that David looked better against Wladimir who looked really good in their fight.

15. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    There might be KD's on either side in this one but I think it will go the distance and Povetkin wins a close but clear UD on activity (except if held in the UK of course).