Alexander Povetkin vs Dillian Whyte II set for November 21st

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chuck Norris, Sep 14, 2020.

1. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Who won ?

Badbot likes this.
  2. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I hope it's a repeat.

Oh dear, oh dear, Whyte's boxing career is hanging by a thread. He looks absolutely knackered! Such a nice guy....

N17 likes this.
  3. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Now he'll over train and come in depleted of energy and make even more mistakes.

You need thinking time to recognise your own flaws. Sometimes that can take months or even years.

Robney likes this.
  4. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    This content is protected

5. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Whyte needs to work on riding shots like the fury’s do. He has a bad habit of being too stationary and gets hit far too often.

I don’t think he can improve his jab enough in this short space of time to keep Povetkin off.

whyte has the power to take Povetkin out but he just isn’t good enough to go swinging with him as it’ll be the same story all over again.

6. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Whyte´s jab was solid that night. What did him in was Povetkin being able to read him. Povetkin drew out the counter he wanted from Whyte and landed his own. Boxing at it´s highest level. I would say a step above what Whyte himself is capable, at least at this moment.

Whyte is really good, but he is too methodical. It´s the same few things over and over again. If it´s not broken, why fix it, right? Well by the time it is broke, so are you.

7. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Will they have a rematch of the rematch if Eddie's man doesn't win again ?

8. chatty

chatty Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 18, 2009
    No Povetkin will fight Fury or for the vacated title.

9. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    But that was the case the first time around. Until the fight was over, and Eddie hurt, oh i mean ****, oh Hearn say there is a rematch clause, but before the fight he was hyping Whyte all over the place, how he put his mandatory spot on the line, how he is taking all the risk and fighting dangerous fighter, and if Povetkin wins he will be the mandatory and blq blq blq blq blq blq, and when the fight was over, oh we got a rematch clause. :D
    So everything will be stacked against Povetkin even more now.

10. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    When the idea of the rematch taking place over in Russia was put to E-Hearn and Whyte they instantly dismissed it and acted like it was unreasonable or absurd even. Ryabinskiy wanted it over there but he said Povetkin told him he didn't care where it took place. Even during his post-fight interview Povetkin was like ''sure, no problem at all'' when he was asked whether he'd give Whyte a rematch and I think E-Hearn even said something along the lines of World Boxing and Povetkin are some of the most honourable people he'd even worked with and that if they give you their word or agree to something they always stick to it.

Povetkin's last 5 fights

Price in the UK
    AJ in England
    Hughie in England
    Hunter in Saudi
    Whyte in England

And now he's heading over to England again for the rematch against Whyte

He's 41 y/o and another loss at this stage of his career would be a massive setback for him and realistically this is almost certainly going to be his last chance to win another world title. But he's just sparked out the WBC #1 ranked contender/#3 ranked HW in their backyard and the fact that he has to go through Whyte twice to earn his shot when he's way past his best and is on his last legs is bad enough but what the hell is unreasonable about him having home advantage and Whyte travelling over to his backyard this time? That's the least they could've agreed to.

I'm half expecting Sasha to get screwed here and it could end up being controversial, maybe a premature stoppage, or Whyte winning on a foul or via KO after a foul or if it goes the distance some dodgy judging.

11. Dementia Pugulistica

Dementia Pugulistica Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Be it ever hereafter referred to as ReMatchroom :risas3:I stole that from somebody cuz I think it's great! I just can't get passed Povs age. Unless Whyte is suffering lasting effects from the knock out I think he wins in an ugly fashion. Definitely rooting for Pov and would love to see him in a bigger cash out fight at the end of his career than against Whyte.

12. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    It was a brutal KO so I think Whyte will fight the rematch scared and on the back foot. He will always have the thought of getting put to sleep again.

truth_teller likes this.
  13. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Probobly with purses that were agreed prior to the first fight. The reason why he turned down the title shot with AJ. Hypocrisy at its finest.

I personally favour Whyte as Povetkin is shot to sh*t but would not surprise me with f he walked right in to another

14. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Just seen an interview on bbc with whyte saying he felt ok to continue, this guy is delusional and getting stopped in the rematch

Jackomano, reckless and N17 like this.
  15. vituman

vituman Member Full Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Go Sasha! Is there Pulev - Joshua in undercard?