Alexander Vladimirovich Povetkin vs. Dillian Whyte II & Ted Cheeseman vs. James Metcalf RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Mar 27, 2021.

1. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    That was - ignored.

2. covetousjuice

covetousjuice The communists will destroy western civilization Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    I agree belts are second to being #1 in the division, but I'll still give a little respect to the WBA super, and the top belts of the other 3 top alphabets. Just not the other nonsense belts like the regular, interim, and other belts the WBC has concocted recently.

But I respect your stance and I think your opinion is still reasonable enough, so I'll go with "agree to disagree."

3. cuchulain

cuchulain Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 6, 2007

I'm not a psychiatrist, and I don't even play one on television, but you appear to have symptoms of mild cognitive delay.

4. lordlosh

Jun 4, 2014
    Cause you haven`t been follow the discussion with that trolls and the b.c. he have written. Trolls like him deserved to be on only one place - ignore list.

5. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Cool

6. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Yeah I like the idea of belts, just not the delivery.

But i get your point mate.

covetousjuice likes this.
  7. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft 'Snarky Little Gobshite' - IntentionalButt Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I don't know who's training Whyte, but they're really not playing to his strengths.

For years, his strengths were that he had a long jab, was a nasty body puncher and had an excellent counter-left hook. He's getting away from these aspects and I don't know why. It looks like he's trying to get his right hand as useful as his left, but he's going about it all wrong. His stance just isn't suited to it. He stands with his weight on his left leg, but over-utilises his cross. It's why it's so wild and sloppy.

I remember always thinking his jab was heavy but pretty useless. He should getting taught how to properly tee people up, draw the lead, open up guards, set up the left hook and control the fight. His left hook doesn't seem to be used like it used to be. He's walking forward, looking for the hook. He needs to be sitting back, letting them come to him and finding them on the chin. I remember thinking the way he used his hook vs Chisora (II), Rivas and Parker was exemplary. It was a punch that genuinely would've put almost any fighter in the world in trouble. His body work has been in spurts for as long as I can remember. For someone with is conditioning, I'd imagine he'd like to bring people down to his level in that regard. I'd have thought after being iced by two uppercuts, he'd have adopted them himself. He's not got much, but he has got good timing, and a well timed uppercut is one of the most dangerous punches of all time, as Whyte himself knows well. I also don't know why he isn't playing to his strengths as a counter-puncher. Sure, it's normally not good to narrow yourself down to being one dimensional but ask yourself, what adjustments can Whyte make to beat the best movers in the division? He won't beat Usyk, AJ or Fury no matter what he does, he should focus on countering with the left, controlling the fight with the jab, and looking for the aforementioned uppercuts and hooks. It'll be the way he has the most success, and I don't know why he's been getting away from it since the Parker fight.

Imagine if Whyte had the jab to control the fighter infront of him, the body work to wear the guy down, the uppercuts to find the guy when they try to level change, and a left hook to take him out in the end. He'd be much, much better than he is now, and it's not a hard transformation to make. It's one he should've made when he was like 24.

8. Stiff Jab

Stiff Jab Despiser of Super-Middleweights Full Member

Jan 7, 2019
    Don't say the 'U' word around Dillian.

George Crowcroft and lordlosh like this.
  9. cuchulain

cuchulain Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    The dude is a Povetkin fan.

He picked Pov to win.

He has ranked Pov in the top five of the 2010-2020 decade and declared him to be in the top two for most of the decade.

This content is protected

And here, arguing that Povetkin ranks above Wilder..

But hey...whatever...you've been "following the discussion."

I'm sure he's devastated , now that you've got him on ignore.

He'll probably need counselling. :sisi1

lufcrazy likes this.
  10. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot El gran campeón Mexicano Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Hope Hatton and Whyte get starched next

11. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    His arms do seem ridiculously long

Badbot and richdanahuff like this.
  12. lordlosh

Jun 4, 2014
    And did i care how he react to my ignore ? And your advocacy come in a strange time. Feeling like a buddy trying to give a hand.

I have my opinion on him, and i don`t need to look his history and what he have said after that Whyte fight.
    In my eyes he is a bad troll, and i his posts after Povetkin - Whyte 1, and the absolutely nonsense he written after that speaks enough for me.

13. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Sad but true if Povetkin keeps fighting under Hearn otherwise plodders like Wardley will be putting his name on their records down the track.

I really hope Povetkin calls it a day instead of losing to guys that would get nowhere near him in his prime.

14. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot El gran campeón Mexicano Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    If whytes defender was here I'd have his avatar

15. Liquorice

Liquorice Oppressed vest Full Member

May 13, 2018
    That was an easy fight to predict. I've said it time & again, fighters don't know when to walk away.. Povetkin is 41.. but he's an OLD 41 too.. front footed HW.. they don't age well.. it's remarkable he's still going but let's be honest, his legs are gone & he has poor punch resistance now.. he's now been dropped in 4 of his last 6! It's debatable whether this fight should have even been sanctioned.. he should have called time after the 1st fight.. gone out on a high.. but they never learn.. they always push it.. now we've got to hear a week of the British boxing podcast clique telling us what a great fighter Whyte is for beating a guy who just had a serious bout of the old Kung flu.. I said years ago Povetkin is done! Landing ONE brilliant shot doesn't change that, he's still shot to ****.. someone have a word with him.. Whyte is still overrated .. Chisora beat him..

Badbot and Unforgiven like this.