Ali Bagodinoviç Akhmedov - remember the name.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Aug 19, 2017.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Back to work.

This content is protected

2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    It turns out he isn't the only young Kazakh prospect having an issue with some of his early pro bouts omitted from his record.

His stablemate and longtime buddy (alongside whom Akhmedov first entered the sport in their youth) Ali Musayevich Baloyev also ought to have a higher number in his W column, per this article: http://www.berbang-nur.kz/2017/05/27/балоев-али-мусаевич/ - which also sheds light on Akhmedov's ethnic background. He and Baloev are both "Kurds of Kazakhstan" (though he was born there, while Baloev emigrated from Kyrgyzstan at some point in childhood)

Ali Baloyev is an interesting prospect, campaigning at CW but apparently used to fight super heavies in the amateurs, with mostly decent results. Kind of like Usyk, although nowhere close to Usyk's level of competition or achievement, nor are they stylistically all that similar as Baloev is said to be a big puncher. BoxRec lists him as 2-0 with a pair of KO1s, the first coming in March in Poland, but the article from above indicates he made his pro debut before that in February in Latvia, which means he should currently be at least 3-0 (3) - and that's assuming he didn't have any other matches in Latvia or Belarus or such a place in between March and his most recent outing a couple of weeks ago in Louisiana. :nusenuse:

I also just learned Ali's middle name, Bogadinovich, from the English translation of that article. It was actually right there in the Cyrillic spelling of his full name on his BoxRec page this whole time; I'd just never bothered with transliterating it before.

3. houmzz

houmzz Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Ali Akhmedov/Tulaganov sparring session:

4. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Ali Ahmedov (KAZ) vs Li Bitao:

5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Akhmedov has risen six spots to #32 at light heavy in the newly published September edition of the WBC rankings.

KiwiMan and houmzz like this.
  6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Wow, them boys is slanging each other with cinder blocks and doing it with flair.

@ 2:55, when both are swaying/rolling/weaving and hurling counter power shots at the same time, pure 2-way swag (and swagger-jacking).

houmzz likes this.
  7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Kind of weak stoppage tbh..

houmzz likes this.
  8. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Final of the 2015 boxing tournament in memory of Galym Zharylgapov.
    Edilbek Niyazymbetov against Ali Ahmedov:

9. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Akhmedov at Mayweather's gym:

10. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Akhmedov/Lionell Thompson sparring session:

11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    New opponent and date confirmed!!!

Akhmedov will co-headline a beIN Sports Español card on December 8th in Texas, defending his WBC Youth Title against 9-1 (6) Roberto Silva, Jr.

Silva has fought, of his ten bouts, eight times at cruiser and once each at light heavy and heavyweight.

houmzz likes this.
  12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    In the main event of the card, Filipino 115lb puncher Aston Palicte will be following up on his US debut from almost a year to the day prior (wherein he upset 14-0 Oscar Cantu on CBS Sports) and defending the NABF title he picked up that night, against Mexican veteran and former WBA interim world titlists José Alfredo "Torito" Rodríguez.

Torito didn't fare well in his last encounter with a Pinoy, getting smacked around the ring by Jerwin Ancajas in January in a world title bid that ended in Rodríguez forfeiting with a shoulder injury. Palicte hasn't proven to be on Ancajas' level just yet, though. Either he will overwhelm Torito with his youth, size and power and blow him out early - or the Mexican will drag him into deep waters, grind him down and take him to the school of hard knocks.

Either way, the door is open for Akhmedov to steal the show.

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Here is Akhmedov's upcoming opponent (Roberto Silva Jr.) in a cruiserweight bout, taking on 6'3" Dominique "Iron Man" Smith:

Chuck Norris likes this.
  14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    He isn't just in the WBC hunt, FYI...

As of the September edition, Akhmedov is #14 in the Continental (European) rankings of the WBA in the 168lb division - this, oddly, despite never having fought under that limit (or even within closer than 4½lbs of it). Ahead of him are: Khomitsky, Abraham, P. Smith, Mock, Zeuge, Krasniqi, Eubank Jr., Diallo, Fielding, F. Chudinov, Feigenbutz, Yildrim, and P. Nielsen. Obviously a couple of those guys have much bigger fish to fry and more lucrative options available, presumably considering themselves above jockeying for a WBA regional belt. To someone like Akhmedov, though, on the rise up this could be a nice springboard (and bargaining chip, in determining A-side) for him ...and guys like Smigga or Krasniqi might be just desperate enough to cling to relevance to climb into the ring with a beastly young light heavyweight prospect.

Or, we could see a "Battle of the A.A.s", with Akhmedov savagely thrashing & retiring Arthur Abraham. I'd like to see that. :D

15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Opponent change. Roberto Silva Jr. is out, and in comes 9-0 (6) DeShon Webster of Kansas.

The runner-up from last year's Kansas City Golden Gloves tournament (eliminated in the stage before the quarterfinals) is coming off his biggest step up to date, shutting out Midwestern gatekeeper Kevin Engel over 8. This isn't much of a glittering achievement in 2017 (nor was it ever really, but less so now), as Engel's last meaningful victory came more than five years ago when he knocked out previously unbeaten regional club fighter Anthony Caputo Smith.

Not sure if this is a lateral move from Silva or what. Hunting down footage of Webster now to compare on the eye test.

lewis gassed likes this.