ALI HOLMES - The Hidden Truth Behind the "Fight"

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, May 18, 2020.

1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    The truth about how Ali had parkinson`s before his bout v Holmes yet his failed medical was covered up, should the people involved in organising this event have been arrested?
    This content is protected

Jamal Perkins and ETM like this.
  2. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Perhaps. But Ali had some responsibility as well. He knew he was sick and shouldn’t have take the fight.

3. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Ferdie Pacheco, after Ali went to the Mayo Clinic and got cleared by some of the best medical professionals int the world, said it’s a business decision whether he fights or not. The Washington Post called him and he did not call it a crime.

Does that make him part of the criminal conspiracy?

4. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    No because Pacheco had already walked away.

Nighttrain, Reinhardt and ETM like this.
  5. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    To his credit. As he was leaving Ali's team Ferdie sent test results of Ali kidneys that were showing significant damage to Ali manager (Herbert) Angelo Dundee and even his Wife Veronica. He didnt get a response of them.

Nighttrain and KidGalahad like this.
  6. Saintpat

Jun 26, 2009
    And they took his advice to get checked and went to the Mayo Clinic, one of the top medical facilities in the world. Which Pacheco was well aware of, as he commented here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...o-tests/d355f7c0-31a4-4a20-a485-6f1546ffc734/

Were they supposed to report all medical results to him? They had parted ways so he went to other doctors. In fact, to some of the best in the world.

Read what Pacheco says: Basically “I’m glad he did it, it’s a business decision now whether he fights or not (as opposed to a medical one).”

You’ll notice he doesn’t say it was a crime and someone should be arrested.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  7. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Ali got in what looked like good shape, but he wasn't. He acted like a real jerk in the ring before the introductions calling Holmes all sort of names. As soon as the bell rang he didn't have a moment to trash talk. Reality hit. I think Larry who was in a catch 22 took it a little easy on Ali. As it was merely beating him made Holmes look like the bad guy. Could you imagine if Holmes really tired to jack Ali up and did?

Ali always had a good corner. They shut down the show at the right time. I didn't see Ali complain about the stoppage.

Johnny_B likes this.
  8. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    They found scars on Ali`s brain after the Shavers fight, people around him could see how his speech was slowing and his hand movements, youy can see in interviews before the Holmes fight near to 1980 he was going, even just before the fight inthe ring, you could see the parkinson`s visibly.

Reinhardt and Jamal Perkins like this.
  9. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    They should have stopped it after the first round, you can se Ali couldn`t move properly, he looked like he had arthritis

Jamal Perkins likes this.
  10. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    The Shavers fight badly damaged Ali.

Boxing has no unified commission. Its a contract for event type of sport with multiple organizations, no regular schedule, No medical standards, etc... The fighters often chose to fight in a particular area to avoid medial red flag reports. It is what it is. Ali was broke and he needed money. He didn't listen to friends or medical people.

Johnny_B and KidGalahad like this.
  11. Saintpat

Jun 26, 2009
    Whatever you say ‘they’ found on his brain, the Mayo Clinic did not find anything to stop him from fighting. That’s one of the top medical facilities in the entire world.

I posted a link on what Ferdie Pacheco said at the time after learning of the Mayo Clinic results. Did you read what he told the Washington Post? No athletics commission in the world is going to say ‘we know more about health and medical stuff than the Mayo Clinic’ and overrule them. Then or now. He passed the medical test by the highest authority around.

That isn’t overruled by people who say they saw this or that at the time looking back years later.

BTW, Pacheco is talking about kidneys. Now read this from NCBI, a top medical research forum, which in 2002 cites the first case linking kidney (renal) failure and Parkinson’s as being recent.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12165940

What you have here is a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking — we know more now than we knew then.

12. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    I've said this a couple of times, that yes it was disgusting that Ali fought Holmes in that state.. But he was a grown man who knew the game. He can't seriously have thought he had a chance of winning, he knew his body would let him down. So it s not all on the guys around him.

mr. magoo likes this.
  13. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    You can see in the interviews around that time that Ali had Parkinson`s.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  14. Saintpat

Jun 26, 2009
    So you can diagnose via video but doctors who have spent their careers in medicine have to perform a battery of tests?

This is called confirmation bias. You know he had Parkinson’s and you look at a video and say ‘ah, I can see it already.’ Honestly, watching the video I thought about half the people talking (including Thomas Hauser and Ferdie) had speech patterns that someone could listen to and say, ‘Hmmm, could that be Parkinson’s?’ Listen to Bert Sugar and tell me if he had it or not.

15. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    The Mayo clinic said Ali could barely tough his nose, they said he could not stand on one leg with the agility that was expected, therre is footage on the vid I pasted where Ali couldn`t even hit the speed bag properly.

Reinhardt likes this.