All of Jacks SMW world title fights on paper have been very close debatable fights

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bailey, Jan 15, 2017.

1. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I m asking if these judges know how to judge a fight properly if its not involving a super fast or super slick guy fighting etc. Jack does everything well...workman like solid fighter. Seems to me because he doesnt have anything flashy about him they disregard some of his work. Shocking whats happening to him.

Had him and groves a draw. But him winning the other 3 pretty clearly. Seems to be judges are scoring more favourably for the flashier guy. Surely in a professional boxer ring the harder punches should be rewarded more than the shoe shine shots. Or is it amatuer scoring we re working with.

nickpoppunk likes this.
  2. nickpoppunk

nickpoppunk Unbelievable Bentekkers Full Member

Feb 14, 2012
    I have Badou winning all the title fights. i am a fan so maybe a little bias but what gets me about badou jack is, he starts so timid and slowly. He gets to round 3 and he seems to have worked his opponent out and goes to work and grinds out those decisions nicely. If he improved his starts i see him beating everyone at SMW and having a nice couple wins at LH if he is managed well.

3. Flamazide

Flamazide Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jul 27, 2016
    How did you score it? I had 115-111 DeGale. The fight was close, closer than my scorecard reflects when you look at the fight as a whole, and I could see how you could score a few of the rounds I gave to DeGale to Jack. The early knockdown and first few rounds put DeGale in an early lead and after round 4 or 5 they were just exchanging rounds until the end where Jack started to come on strong, especially in the 12th obviously with the knockdown.

4. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    What about the Dirrell fight?

5. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    He beat Dirrell convincingly as well. I remember picking Dirrell to win that fight too.

6. The Kentucky Cobra

The Kentucky Cobra Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Jack and Degale are very weak division leaders, both having failed to establish themselves as head and shoulders above their peers and even coming up short against each other. 168 is wide open as far as I'm concerned. Groves and Bute are actually just as much in the mix.

7. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I think Degale won the fight but it was a fight where I felt he was winning but taking punishment

Richmondpete likes this.
  8. Liquid Fire

Liquid Fire Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 29, 2016
    He also lost to Edwards and probably lost to Periban too.