All these people saying Horn/Floyd/Marquez resume took an increase last night forget something

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tinman, Jul 21, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Sure Manny was able to beat Thurman last night. A young, top level WW, but ultimately B level fights anyways, here come the idiots out.

Yea I mean by beating Thurman last night Pac proved that he still had quite a bit left in the tank when he lost to Horn/Mayweather and especially the 4th Marquez fight. So it's not totally meaningless.

But you guys ever think that the guy who received the biggest bump in resume last night is Erik Morales??? Isn't it obvious??? The only guy to beat Pacquiao in his prime and he did it clearly too I might add.

If Pacquiao at 40 is good enough to beat top level Welterweights, imagine how amazing he was at 26 years old at 130 pounds?

Manny Pacquiao is my favorite fighter, and the strangest thing I've never understood is why Morales gets so little credit historically for beating Pacquiao. People want to crown Floyd for beating a 36 year old WW version of Pacquiao. Seriously, media and Mayweather fans think it's the equivalent of Mayweather knocking out Jesus himself. Yet I saw (and you can too on YouTube right now) Morales beat a 26 year old Pacquiao at SFW. It's not even a comparison.

2. ZeusWithThorsHammer

ZeusWithThorsHammer New Member Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    After yesterday I’m forced to ask what formula is used to calculate a boxers prime?

oldcanvasback likes this.
  3. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Pbf handled pac easily he took him apart and made him look average. Yes em win over pac was very impressive one could also argue that was not even a peak pac though. With that said pac proved that he belongs at the top of the ww division congrats to him and his fans he deserves it.

4. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Morales is seen as one of the best mexican fighters of all time.

5. Oakland Billy Smith

Oakland Billy Smith Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Morales's victory would be held in much higher regard had he not been KOd in two foolish rematches with Pac...he didn't need to take those fights

6. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    they are different sized men. floyd is a lengthy lightweight who wasnt filled out at super featherweight, pacman is a squat featherweight who came from flyweight. people dont know the difference it makes. floyd maybe the most talented of this generation, but pacquiao has done more, he was beating atgs at 122-130. pacman is finishing career beating top ww's not debutant mcregor and ****ing berto, and a japanese dwarf. pimpc youre a blind man. suck off floyd too much hes your dna.

7. jmarlow

jmarlow Well-Known Member Full Member

May 7, 2011
    Pacquiao was only a one handed fighter when he lost to Morales he developed his right hand after that fight.

8. BrainyBoxer

BrainyBoxer Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Marquez faced every great version of Pacquiao and always gave him trouble.

9. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Morales beat Pac at his physical prime, but not at his best. Pac was a 1 handed fighter at that time. Roach developed, what he called the Manilla Ice, which was Pac's right hook. Nobody beat a 2 handed Pac at his best.

10. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    The same version of Pac that dropped Marquez 3 times and won on the cards if not for the judging error was decisively decisioned by Morales.

11. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Yes he came up from lower divisions but he also dwarfed fighters down there. Stop acting like he was the size of rigo he's not. As for em and mab great fighters but somewhat overrated because of their style and memorable fights. Pac had early losses he lost to a faded em never beat jmm clearly he was schooled by pbf he lost to horn you simply can't ignore that because you dont like it. Thurman is a good win but dont act is if pbf in 2015 wouldn't have shut out Thurman he's clearly superior than him. Pac is a atg one of the best fighters of the last 30 years enjoy the win.

12. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Good point. I do wonder if Pacs so called right hand that was effective when he knocked out Morales would have been so effective if Morales didnt drain to make weight in the rematches.

Braindamage likes this.
  13. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    We all know pbf beat past prime pac, imo he would have beaten most if not all versions of Pac , but why do you need to mention floyd anytime anobody talks about pac?

Bofo24 likes this.
  14. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    Mayweather is a generational talent, and so is Pacquiao, Mayweather is about 10-15lbs naturally bigger, his frame much bigger. Pacquiao has done alot more climbing the weights and beaten more atgs along the way. So keep on sucking off floyds lbc even though hes a retired and living his life, get in the present and watch whats infront of your eyes.
    And least of ****ing all dont tell me what floyd could of done at 2015, when he didnt do it. Pacman is more shot than floyd is, smaller and been in more wars, with a much harder career and done it in 2019. youre just a fanboying a retired fighter, and it looks ******ed, you look mental doing it.

15. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    because hes drinking his sperm.