All you are gonna see how ****en fast Caleb Plant is tonight

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tinman, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I don't see what some people see in Plant. He's not a bum, he has some talent but don't be fooled by that flashly hands down style, he's about to get schooled.

2. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    I mean, yea that will probably happen, but at least Plant could potentially make it interesting. Its not like Canelo is out here kicking the crap out of elite fighters in their primes. It's a lot of dubious decisions against has beens and never was'es.

Quina74 and don owens like this.
  3. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Plant looked like warmed over ass against old and shot Truax, FFS.

CST80 and Wizbit1013 like this.
  4. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Yea and Canelo needs drugs and crooked judges FFS.

Oddone and iii like this.
  5. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    yo imagine being suckered into watching cleneno fight

6. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Agree. But Caleb still ain't got no shot.

7. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    No shot? :rolleyes:

8. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
  9. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    I really hope he's got enough pop to pull Canelo into deep waters. He looked in good shape yesterday, maybe a touch dry and nervous but that is to be expected and he'll be huge in the ring

10. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I agree that there's an awful lot of smoke and mirrors when it comes to Clen's resume and that he lost x 2 to an old way past prime GGG who he shamelessly ducked a closer to prime version of and had to jack himself full of PEDs for to uneven the playing field even more for the rematch. But even if Plant fought versions of Uzecat and Truax who were in their absolute prime those wins would still be C level at best and they're by far his best wins.

Uzecat who was taken to slick school and dropped by Lionell Thompson just 11 months later even hurt Plant:facepalm:

I agree that Clenelo's CV is full of plodders and way past their best old men or ones who were in the twilight of their career with millions of miles on their odometers and that he was a huge weight bully down at 155 and below.

I also agree that he struggles with slickness and that virtually every single time he faces genuine speed and anyone above C or B level in terms of athletic talent he's either lost, lost but his judges have bailed him out again, or struggles badly and that he fought trash, leprechauns and old men and hasbeens for his first 40 fights or so.

I also agree that 168 is undeniably an absolute wasteland of a division and that two of the world titles at that weight were won against Callum Smith who got his ass paddled in his previous fight by John Ryder and therefore should not have held a belt at the time at all, let alone been contesting two of them after Clenelo's fairy godfather Mauricio decided to throw the vacant WBC belt into the mix for his boy to win.

The best win at this weight of any of the champions he's fought at 168 is a past prime one-armed George Groves who was coming off a terrible shoulder injury and surgery just seven months earlier and who should not have been in a ring that night. :facepalm:

Remember when Mauricio and his old man decided to gift Clenelo his first world title when they paired him up against career 147 pounder Matthew Hatton for the vacant 154 WBC belt? Hatton wasn't only a career 147 pounder he was campaigning at that weight and his previous three fights were for the European 147 title. :facepalm:

I also agree that Clenelo is the poster boy for corruption in the sport who weakens his opponents with catchweights, rehydration clauses, short camps, has received more gifts from his judges than the baby Jesus and he only has to make it to the final bell to get his hand raised.

And I also agree most of his P4P top ten peers would beat him if they were remotely the same size as him or vice versa and a number would literally toy with him and deep down even his most doe-eyed of fangirls know that too.

But Plant ain't that guy. No power, he's never fought above C level, his best wins are the bang average Uzecat, a shot old bang average even in his prime Truax, and the bang average journeyman Porky Medina, the experience gap between them is as vast as the universe, and both his chin and skills are completely untested even at B - level. He's much more sizzle than steak and say what you will about Clenelo but he is a fantastic fighter and levels above the Caleb Plant's of this world.

uranage, ShadesOfAli, Quina74 and 8 others like this.
  11. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Great post Serge

roughdiamond, CST80 and ElCyclon like this.
  12. VBOX

VBOX JOURNEYMAN Full Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Bet the house, farm, vehicle, wife’s vehicle on Alvarez.

BubblesUK likes this.
  13. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Por que?

14. ElCyclon

ElCyclon Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Might as well throw in the wife.

don owens and VBOX like this.
  15. VBOX

VBOX JOURNEYMAN Full Member