Allen Vs Dubois possible

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Stu007, Apr 11, 2018.

1. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    Great fight.

Dubois the favourite but he has been in with punching bags, the question is how will Dubois respond when the guy he’s hitting isn’t dropping to canvas, and is still there after 8/9 rounds?

Does he have the stamina?

If the fight happens I envisage a referee stoppage in favour of Dubois but I wouldn’t be surprised if Allen KOd Dubois late after he gasses.

Saying all of this, no way does Frank risk Dubois against a granite chinned fighter.

Scissors likes this.
  2. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Yes he gets wiped out now

He is more durable than your average British journeyman and takes Dubois more rounds than any of them, but he still gets pulled out of the fight by his corner at some point. I suspect he gets pulled out before the 6th or 7th.

3. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I agree ,but nevertheless this is what Allen said....I kinda get him point,he is older ,more experienced etc so he will have much more chance beating him now than in 2 or 3 years...

Allen has always looked terrible when i have seen him

4. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    warren will not make this fight he will not even put dubios in with a tough journeyman yet lol and 100% his gasses late in fights

S.K likes this.
  5. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I like Dave Allen, he’s a funny character and a decent domestic level fighter. If he won a European/commonwealth belt then he’d have fond brilliantly well. Thanks to Hearn, and Dave’s willingness to fight anyone, he hasn’t got a padded record like some. He has got pretty solid fundamentals and isn’t as useless as is made out.

If I was managing him, I would keep him miles away from Dubois otherwise he’ll be seriously making a rod for own back as a glorified journeyman. Dubois has amateur pedigree and can really box (we don’t get to see that with these knockover jobs) although he’ll be picking up bad habits against the current calibre of opposition, he will knock Allen spark out.

Scissors likes this.
  6. SambaKing1

SambaKing1 Member banned Full Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Looking sharp and on point?

Dave was lucky that fight was ended in a cut, as you could tell by the few minutes it lasted that it was gonna be same old Dave Allen; hardly throwing any punches. Lenroy was gonna win that even more convincing than the first fight. Amazing odds for him as well.

Scissors likes this.