Am I wrong to not drink the Usyk Kool-Aid?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Oakland Billy Smith, Aug 5, 2019.

1. LeftRightDownThePipe

LeftRightDownThePipe Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Aug 14, 2018
    Says the try hard ALWAYS boasting about what a badass he is online and how much of a ****ing expert on boxing he is.

:wanker

2. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    anyone can make a prediction, and many cases have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. tell me how the fight will progress, why it will go that way, and in what manner will it end. thats where everyone can actually see, what it was that you were seeing. most of the predictions that are made correctly, are just people picking their favorite then crowing about how they knew it all along and what great analysts they are. if i pick a ko, i will tell you what rd, and why the fight will end then by ko. thats where you separate knowledge from chance. most people arent that advanced, you sound like you are, or at least think you are... we shall find out next usyk fight.

3. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Usyk is the truth or atleast at CW he was he still might be the truth at HW only time will tell.

gdm, Sugar 88, dealt_with and 2 others like this.
  4. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    best believe i was more man at 14, when i started paying my own way, than your little candy ass will ever be. like i said, my girl would make you cry, lol.

5. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    No, we don’t all take this as seriously as you do. Simply two people laughing at a pathetic loser, nothing more, nothing less.
    You’re so dumb you can construct a brief sentence (as always with terrible grammar) and it is self-contradictory and nonsensical. A man is the opposite of a coward, and you equate the two. Dumb just flows from you effortlessly.

6. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Do you ever reflect, and think about this absolute nonsense you write? I’m actually not sure if you’re a troll or not, I find it hard to believe that there is someone like you out there.

7. pacas

pacas Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Usyk and Michael Hunter seem evenly matched. Why doesn't Michael Hunter get the same level of recognition? He's an American and the son of a famous boxer.

8. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    He's top 5 P4P. Top 2 CW ever probably. Falls short of opposition to be anything too historically great, I fear. He has the opportunity if the HW jump is very successful to be a Holyfield-type ATG guy. But he is a long ways yet from that. I think his career is closer to Huck than anything greater than most would like to think at this point (I'm a big Huck guy; that is high praise).

9. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    As I said, I don't follow either fighter or the division as a whole so I'm not going to make a prediction. My main divisions of interest are HW and CW, so those are the fights I tend to write detailed predictions on, mostly on how I see the general pattern of the fight playing out, and certain factors that I think might be pertinent to the outcome.

If you can predict the round a KO takes place in and do so consistently, then congrats man, I bow down to you.

10. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    Maybe because Usyk beat his ass?

This content is protected

George Crowcroft and POTUS like this.
  11. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Side note if Usyk sold his own signature Kool aid id 1000% go buy some right ****ing now

12. Boxcel

Boxcel Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2019
    I have high hopes for Usyk but it's too early to speculate how he does at HW before actually fighting at HW.

I do have some skepticism due to his lack of one punch KO power. His volume based style works best against fighters around his height or shorter, and he may struggle against the taller bigger fighters that have one punch KO power, especially Wilder.

Against the much bigger fighters he needs to land hard shots because it's much harder to hit someone taller.

People point to his fight against Joyce but Joyce is one of the slowest heavyweights and his power is average. The fight also took place at a 200lb limit, so basically cruiserweight.

13. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    This is Aid, this is very Aid.

Warning: may erode gap in front teeth and lead to manic eyeball rolling if drunk in excess.

Sugar 88 and POTUS like this.
  14. pacas

pacas Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2014
    :lol: in the 12th round, yes. Usyk was very close to stopping him. But fights aren't scored off one round. The fight was pretty close before that.

15. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    No it wasn't. It was close for about three rounds. Then Usyk took over.

pacas likes this.