Amateur boxing

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Henk kader, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Henk kader

Henk kader New Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Goodafternoon,
    I want to make my amateur boxing debut within a year is this realistic?
    I am currently training for 2 months and i am doing pretty good and also do sparring. Is it realistic that i can make my amateur debut within 365 days. My gym only teaches boxing 3x a week but the other days i do heavy bag, shadowboxing, running and jumping ropes at home. Thanks for reading this and i am looking forward to a respond.

2. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    How old are you? Country?
    Country is important because in some of countries they does mismatches in rare cases, in some countries it is not fun etc things.
    I should ask, had you fought some fights, I mean where you had been hit with full force? School, backyard fights ?
    Maybe some combat training under belt?

Actually coach in gym should see you, your development, how you do sparrings etc, smokers. It is very difficult to tell in internet forum.

Some lads stick with fighting quickly, some even after year training 5 X in the gym per week hesitate to throw etc things.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  3. Henk kader

Henk kader New Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2021
    16 year from the netherlandss. Never fought i spar with better people

Surrix likes this.
  4. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    1 year with at least 5 sessions in gym per 1 week if you have good gas tank and S/C & fitness level might be enough. Maybe.
    Your trainer/ coach will know better than anyone who didn't had saw you in person.
    This is random opinion, I can't see you in the gym.
    NL is not bad country but boxing is lesser popular than KB.

5. ecto55

ecto55 דמוקרטיזציה של השממות האיסלאמיות כעת banned Full Member

May 28, 2009
    Of course...amateur boxing's the best way to learn.

You'll get hurt more in bad sparring than amateur comp (unless your starched with a single shot) because in amateur comp fights are stopped when you are hurt, whereas in sparring you'll keep working. Remember, as an AIBA member the Nth's will match you with other novices....and while a 0-0 novice and a 4-0 novice are different kinds of novice, a good trainer will steer you right. Sparring with the right people is key...they need to be better than you so you grow but controlled enough not to trash or use you. As long as you keep going back, you'll develop. Sounds like your doing everything else right...now's the time to learn.

Don't be overly worried..that's just your human nature's 'self-preservation' thing kicking in...if you work hard in six months time you wont recongise yourself and you'll be competing. Besta luck.