Amir kahn has the worst chin in boxing history

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Thor Odinson, Jul 2, 2020.

Worst chin ever ?

1. Yea

11 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. Nah

42 vote(s)
    79.2%
  1. Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson “U should have been banned for life”-some fangirl banned Full Member

Mar 25, 2020
    shut up you tart

2. Spongebob south paw pants

Spongebob south paw pants Active Member Full Member

Feb 28, 2020
    Fair question imo for all khan's skill and speed going forward, not seen a fighter's house of cards crumble that fast since naz.

Like khan but calling him glass is being a bit hard on glass isn't it, reckon a butterfly could put him down if it landed a wing on him.

On a serious note tho shame because khan was great on the front foot

Thor Odinson likes this.
  3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    That was a great fight mate and Khan showed great heart when in serious trouble during the fight.

One of those great nights with an action packed fight where outcome uncertain until final bell.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  4. dreadlockno1

dreadlockno1 Member Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Obviously the Maidana fight has popped up on this thread which should be case closed for the "worst chin in boxing" but I also just got through watching some Canelo highlights looking at his top 10 defining fights...Khan takes a huge left hook which he walks off, its in the 6th round when he also gets starched with that right hand.....which would have KTFO of anyone and did Kovalev who is also featured.

Also if you actually look at his record its hardly shamefully the guys who have actually knocked him out? Prescott, Canelo, Garcia & Crawford

Bredis, just watched this again and those three Monster shots he took would have knocked out probably anyone but Khan actually gets back up!

Not going to watch Crawford and Garcia but both were undefeated and operate at the highest level and both have very decent KO Ratios.

If he eased into the Prescott bout and fought a little more clever, and if he actually cherry-picked his fights this thread probably would not exist.

5. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Khan was the perfect storm of a bad chin, straight line footwork which hung that chin out to dry, and the unshakeable instinct to fight fire with fire when he was badly hurt. Result: A love affair with the canvas....

6. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Bad Chin?

Nope.

Guilty of getting involved in wars he doesn't need to rather than rely on his boxing skills?

Guilty.

7. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    where are the chin checkers
    there needed in this thread

8. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Fair point about the Maidana fight - perhaps the only time I can recall him getting on his bike when hurt to give time to recover, and it paid off

EJC83 likes this.
  9. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Definitely, the Garcia fight he went out on his shield, got no complaints about a guy who does that as he gave it everything he had (I know he later quit against Crawford).

He also used to get up immediately after knockdowns, instead of taking the time allowed to gather himself and then get up.

He'd always try and jump back up to act like it didn't bother him and was usually all over the place trying to stand.

DoubleJab666 and EJC83 like this.
  10. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Khan would would have beaten Alvarez if it was at 147 fighting the way he was in that 155 Clenweight contest, I strongly believe that. Against opposition of far lesser calibre than Khan got in with, the hardest man in the world got iced, granted it was at Heavyweight but still, the hardest man in the world got put to sleep against a journeyman and yet here we are discussing the chin of a guy who always gave everything and went after the big fights getting knocked out a few times against, for the most of it, genuinely World class and sometimes drug cheating opposition, madness.

11. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    The term getting khand exist for a reason

Thor Odinson likes this.
  12. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    That is his career in a nutshell. I think he deserves more respect, the Crawford fight aside he has always adhered to the Warrior Code.

Oreet Cha! likes this.
  13. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Khans problems always been his ring iq more than his chin. A lot of the top guys would have probably been hurt or even put over by the same shots its just that at that level they have the ring iq not to get hit by them like khan does. His chin isnt great either tbh but if he had a great ring iq like most of them do...he,d have avoided a lot of them.

Still say hes a danger to himself...shouldn,t be fighting at the top level because his ring iq is so low should have got out the game early doors. No offense intended. But hes took a lot of damage in his career. His speed was elite the only thing that kept him fighting at a decent level. Tbf to him he,s worked hard at it gave everything he had to boxing....and was a good fighter at one point under roach. Should be proud of himself. Hes pretty much an overachiever....guys struggled against his freakish speed.

14. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    If we are talking about good fighters with bad chins, Junior Jones comes to mind.

15. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I think some of us are forgetting Khan was lucky to survive the count against Willie Limmond. Michael Gomez dropped him as well. He's chin is bad, but not the worst ever. Combine that with poor ring IQ and you get what we got

Wizbit1013 likes this.