Amir Khan felt he was in the fight.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by PIPO23, Apr 21, 2019.

1. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Khan said he is disappointed at Crawford for hitting him low. He said he was coming on that round and get this he was getting stronger, hitting Crawford with hard shots.He saw Crawford slowing down and sees himself landing more shots if he wasn't hit LOW.He said this is not the last time we see him and that he will back in the ring again.

Gotta give it this guy he doesn't take no for an answer. He still has this belief that no matter what he can get KTFO 100 times he can be the best no matter what.He will be back on his back again.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  2. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
  3. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    i knew he was delusional, but i never felt he was dishonorable. i see a much smaller man today.
    if he had been knocked cold, i could forgive the excuses he makes for his own mental well being. but when the conscious gut check came, khan took a step back instead of a step forward. theres no shame in that, the very large majority of us are pretty much the same. but now hes blaming bud and tarnishing his name, all because of his lack of honor?
    HEY! AMIR!
    if you got to lie to everyone, or yourself, at least have the decency to say the punch was unintentional. even if you stick to the bladder connection. you know you were leaning on the back of his head mid swing of that punch, take your L like a man

4. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    Khan looks like he has fallen down a lift shaft.

G Man, Manfred, gerryb and 2 others like this.
  5. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    I thought Khan looked like he's slipped a notch, his speed didn't look as quick, the knock down wasn't an epic punch and the fight was far from a rout ,I was still shocked when it ended. His time as a top level fighter is over

6. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    That was never a ****ing fight it was a waste of $60 and he was never in anything. Countless dudes have fought on through so much worse than a ball shot -- If he even got caught -- hes a total ****ing joke. There is ZERO DOG in Khan, the concept of "going to war" sails well over his head.

gerryb and Manfred like this.
  7. mb1233

mb1233 Active Member Full Member

Aug 18, 2017
    At this point, Khan/Brook is an undercard fight.

8. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    People running with the narrative Crawford had to resort to an illegal punch to win the fight - and by the way I have no idea which fight they were watching - conveniently ignore this fact you pointed out. Khan leaned on Crawford as the punch was being thrown and pushed with downward pressure, causing the body to dip; ergo... a low blow. That's the sum total of his inside game after more than a decade of pro boxing and an approach he turned to after losing to Peterson because of points deducted for continuously pushing him away to avoid close-in work.

Khan should have learned to box - in all phases of a fight - rather than trade solely on hand and foot speed, and sniping in and out throwing combos. So disappointing: He chose to be merely good when he could have been great but he never dealt with his flaws...

9. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Cleveland Clinic....

10. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    He was in the fight just about as much as an extra is in a movie.

11. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
  12. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Khan was not pushing down on Crawford. The argument that Khan pushing down on Crawford is what caused the low blow is absurd. Bud slipped a jab ducking to his left, so Bud had already dipped down of his own volition to avoid the Khan jab which was when the punch started. What you can say is that Khan was moving forward towards Bud as the punch was thrown, but he clearly did not push Bud down to cause the punch to be low. The punch was thrown low after Bud had already dipped down on his own to avoid the jab.

iii likes this.
  13. Bollywooden

Bollywooden Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 8, 2014
    Last 30 seconds of round 5 and start of round 6 was Khan's best period of the fight. He actually started landing semi-regularly.

I'm not sure why Crawford threw the low-blow but make no mistake it was very low and unnecessary.

Reinhardt, kandamrgam and shadow111 like this.
  14. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Khan was behind on score card up that low blow and it doesn't matter now.

He still loses on the cards. I mean he got hit low not sure if it was on purpose the punch was on the thigh area.

The judges have ruled let's move on.

Base on experience in boxing someone who is hit real low goes down.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    DoubleJab666 likes this.
  15. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Pretty sure he felt that he was in a fight at least. A losing fight.