Amir Khan receives new driving ban!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by elle, Jan 7, 2008.

1. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Yup your a chav.

2. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    hypothtical.

what would you do if a motorist with previous convictions for speeding/ D & D
    ETC ETC killed your daughter while drunk or mowed down on a zebra crossing by a speeding driver.

i can imagine most people would want to kill them , just like me, which is why , like it or not i stay within 5mph of speed limits.

ok khan is young and wealthy, but obviously not that self concious as running someone over should make you a little more carefull on the road.

i remember ronnie o sullivan getting caught driving through stratford late at night going 60 in a 30mph zone through red lights , with a girl on his lap refused a breath test i think and he still got off.

3. john b

john b EVERTON 0- OLdham 1 Full Member

Jul 6, 2007
    I agree with O foquhina. I know its a new year is a chance to put our differences to one side. No! because we don't agree with the hatton threads.

4. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks James 'Lights Out' Toney Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    :lol: give it a rest

no we don't. OK most to 80mph and you won't get grabbed doing that, but well over 100 is stupid, irresponsible and shows a total lack of respect for those around you. This clown has been done before for an offence, the guy he hit has had all sorts of problems. Defend him all you want from the ring critics, but you can't reasonably defend him on this.

Jonh B - lets not put anything to 1 side, would be pretty boring on here if we were all singing from the same hymn sheet :thumbsup

5. LeadLeftHook

LeadLeftHook Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Incidents are a mixed up! The pedestrian incident was in June of 2006 and the speeding on the motorway was on New Years eve of 2006, pretty much when its empty.

It also means he wasnt speeding after knocking the pedestrian down, as the speeding incident happened a few months before. After these incidents he said learned his lesson and said it wont happen again.

Hey most of us in our late teens early 20s would've pushed a car like that atleast once. Some of you are for pretending like you've never at any point in your life crossed the speeding limit or have never broken any traffic laws, regardless of whether you got caught or not.

6. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    don't be so silly. People are regularly hitting 85 and that is with no issue. Me and my mate drove up to Wigan once and we were hitting about 100 and still getting left behind by numerous cars.

The motorways can sometimes appear lawless.

I'm not defending him. The stupid **** he was pulling is something everyone does, he just got caught and is famous.

We don't know if he was doing 75 or 155. Like most people with amazing cars he was probably just enjoying his ride.

It's wrong but there are Amir Khan like drivers all over the motorway.

7. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I hit a little girl at about 25 miles an hour a few months ago and it broke my heart hurting her. I never drive recklessly now but when I was younger I used to drive like a maniac and from the age of 15 had over 19 motor offences luckily for all concerned I never hit anybody. In hindsight I was an idiot and can't believe I was so stupid. Everybody who drives speeds but anything in excess of 110 mph on a motorway is plain crazy and should be considered dangerous driving regardless of road conditions. Khan like most lads his age is clearly a poor driver and needs to learn before he hurts himself or anybody else again.

8. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007
    You are mistaken.

It is a FACT that the careless driving offence involving the pedestrian was in March and the speeding offence came AFTER on New Years Eve of the same year.

9. elle

Aug 21, 2007
    Its not just the driving offences - it was alleged on a national newspaper's website that his reality TV show 'Amir Khan's Angry Young Men' was a bit of a sham.

Apparently the whole thing turned into a joke and was designed to simply improve the image of Khan who was said to be on bail himself at the time.

Suggested the guys involved were plied with drink and encouraged to "big it up" for the cameras - repeatedly woken in middle of the night to encourage them to swear and act aggressively.

Quite lengthy and highly critical comments but most revealing thing was that they apparently came from the parent of one of the lads who took part in the show.

10. LeadLeftHook

LeadLeftHook Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 4, 2007
    My mistake you're right. Hopefully he realizes and corrects himself. I'm sure thought most of us would've gunned atleast once it on an empty motorway if we had that beast of a car.

By the time I was 23, I had few speeding tickets myself. I used to drive like I was in a race, it was thrilling. I just had to get ahead especially if someone had a sports car. Luckily no one was hurt and I never got into an accident. But I got a few tickets and realized how stupid it was as I got older.

11. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    It has been know Khan is a complete and utter moron for some time.

12. mike464

mike464 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2005
    Reading all this has made me dislike the guy even more.

13. brown_bomber

brown_bomber BROWN BOMBER Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    takes one to know one :D

14. elle

Aug 21, 2007
    The reason we don't know his exact speed seems to be because he was driving too fast for police speedometer.

Apparently Khan was pursued for almost 7 miles before he pulled over and police could not maintain a distance close enough to define exact speed.

Stretch of road Khan was driving known as 'Death Valley' because of number of accidents there.

Seems to take more risks on the roads than in the ring!

15. mike464

mike464 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2005
    So they know it must have been ridiculously fast. He should be in prison. We don't need people like that on the roads.