Amir Khan retires from boxing

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chuck Norris, May 13, 2022.

1. ElCyclon

ElCyclon Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 2, 2012
    My take is the total opposite. I initially thought he'd do great. Always a fan though.

2. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    I'm not a fan of Khan either but it always amazes me, how Khan never went down vs Maidana. We all know Khan has a weak chin and Maidana is a hard puncher. I can't think of many examples where a weak chinned fighter, takes numerous hard punches off a known puncher, and is still standing after 12.

Khan was actually impressive vs Maidana, and was arguably doing better than Mayweather did in the first half of the fight, until Khan had to survive the last 3 rounds or so.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
    James Hudson likes this.
  3. Cally

Cally Sand...sand... nothing but sand! Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I'll never get my head around the maidana win!

Dynamicpuncher likes this.
  4. Clinton

Clinton Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Starting disliking Khan when Dave Parriss screwed a shot MAB when he fought Khan. After listening to Khan's gigantic mouth throughout his career, he never grew on me.

5. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    I think Maidana was a bit compromised weight wise at 140 pounds which let Khan off the hook.

6. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Not at all.

7. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    All justified and must be viewed in the round but at times like this I try to focus primarily on the positive. Never understood why he was masturbating on camera though. Very embarrassing.

8. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Found it interesting he said he should have retired after Canelo. Personally did not understand the logic of taking that fight except for the money. As bad as Kell being sacrificed to challenge for Middleweight title against a much bigger more powerful man.

9. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Your memory is bad my friend. Floyd asked the fans who should he fight next The result was a resounding vote for Amir Khan. Imagine what it would have done for Floyd's legacy Go to England fight Khan & if he beats him the fans would love it.. Instead Floyd picked the awesome Andre Berto ROFLMAO!! Even MVC ridiculed this & said " Floyds just teasing he'll name his opponent when he's ready. Floyd wasn't teasing was he LOL He has always feared Khan , Floyd hasn't the punch to ever KO Khan & look what Khan did to Marcos Maidana. Floyd avoided he like he had the plague LOL

10. Ducklerr

Ducklerr Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Man, where is MVC??

11. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Nobody feared Khan. Floyd would have stopped him.

Ducklerr likes this.
  12. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Probably still lurking under another name LOL

13. BUDW

BUDW Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 23, 2007
  14. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    With Floyd its always "He feared nobody Floyd would have stopped him " ROFL Its never Floyd fought him & beat him is it. Like I said even MVC ridiculed Berto as an opponent till he had to eat crow pie ROFL The fans wanted Khan , The $$$$$$$ was way more for Khan, but Floyd picked Berto. Proves without a doubt Floyd didn't want Khan & more $$$$ because he knew he probably couldn't beat him. No way Feather Fisted Floyd ever stops Khan & it wouldn't be in Vegas. Just like you & PimpC keep bleating " Floyd would easily beat Margarito" So tell me Why didn't he fight them like he fought all his cherry picks ????
    This content is protected

15. Ducklerr

Ducklerr Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2015
    I miss that guy haha. He was a fixture. And Piece, he was a complete psycho, miss him too.