~ Amir KHAN v. Graham EARL ~ Analysis and Prediction Thread ~

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Decebal, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Yes, you can fault Earl! He lied to us! We were all asking how faded Earl was...he said he wasn't at all faded! He said he was better than ever! HE LIED TO US FOR WARREN'S MONEY! Screw him!

2. Outboxer

Outboxer Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 29, 2005
    Earl is sadly deluded. Brave, gutsy guy, but deluded.

Khan was impressive. I was very surprised, I was expecting it to go to the judges or at least end in the middle rounds...

3. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    :good

4. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007
    So an early night for Earl then.

Good performance by Khan.

Had high expectations for this fight - disappointed we didn't get to see the contest we had hoped for.

5. Maza1987

Maza1987 Illin' since '87 Full Member

Mar 17, 2007
    khan shud jus forget abt thaxton.
    we wanna see value for our money,

if he faces thax it will be more of the same.

all the haters are in hiding i see.
    lol

6. ferd cloupes

ferd cloupes Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2006
    when he gets home maybe you could go to earl's house and chastise him

7. Alex_NA_Exile

Alex_NA_Exile Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2007
    My mind knew it would be a disappointing fight entertainment-wise but I hoped for an exciting fight in my heart. :-(

Altho I was hoping for a Khan win i wanted to see him tested a little. I thought 'on paper', as they say, this would have been Khan's toughest fight domestically but I think Earl's current state meant that went out of the window. Hope the guy retires now.

I must admit I was one of those who thought Earl would be more of a test than Thaxton and I still maintain that Thaxton was behind Earl before tonight in terms of really testing Khan. But i guess he'd probly do better against Khan than Earl did tonight.

I hope Khan now goes over to the US to train and really build his skills with better training and sparring. I'm not suggesting he completely skips the UK fighters but I really don't see anyone really challenging him here.

8. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    :lol: :good

9. Primadonna Kool

Primadonna Kool Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Amir Khan "Got Olympic on that ass" too much skill for Graham Earl.

There is my analysis, **** everything else.

10. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    They showed Murray afterwards too.

I can;t believe how hyped Murray Is, Khan would destroy him.

11. LiamE

LiamE Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 3, 2007
    I think my can theory has been vindicated.

If Amir is going to be world class, and i think he will, decent but limited fighters like Earl are going to be dominated.

The one thing that struck me anout the fight was the fighter's aparent size. Khan looked to be a fighter from a couple of divisions above.

12. Claypole

Claypole Boxing Addict banned

Aug 4, 2007
    I hate to say it, bur Earl was about as shot as a fighter can be. He used to have a rock solid chin, and Khan is not a big puncher, yet he fell apart so dramatically it was a joke.
    He barely threw a punch himself, and when he did it was in slow motion, no pop whatsoever. His didn't even make any attempt to defend himself properly.
    Perhaps I would give Khan some credit if Earl at least looked a bit like the fighter he once was, but to be honest this was just a very shrewd business move on the part of Frank Warren.
    The biggest laugh of all though is the way ITV are harping on how fantastic this win was. The website even reports that Earl was No.1 in Britain, and how the fight was competitive up until the end.
    Are we really to believe that Khan is improving at such a fast rate? I ain't buying it.

13. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    Khan is a big puncher!

14. Claypole

Claypole Boxing Addict banned

Aug 4, 2007
    You've been listening to Jim Rosenthal a bit too much.

15. 196osh

196osh Mendes Bros. Full Member

May 10, 2007
    What makes you think he is not a big puncher? I have not seen anything that would suggest he is not.