Amir Khan

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    even though he’s signed with Hearn I just can’t see him taking this Brook fight.

Last night he’s put on his snapchat about a good night of boxing and talks about Wilder and then Dirrell but Brook doesn’t even get a mention?

2. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    They will fight. 100%.

3. Papillon

Papillon Active Member Full Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Khan doesn't want the work.....never did.

He knows Brook brutalises him to bolivian.

4. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    He knew Canelo would knock him out aswell but that didn't stop him from fighting him! Khan dont give a fcuk, he just wants that paper.

And Khan vs Brook will bring in paper!!!

tee_birch and Scissors like this.
  5. Papillon

Papillon Active Member Full Member

Dec 26, 2017
    It will but there's a difference between being knocked out off Canelo and knocked out off Brook.

Mentally it will hurt alot more off Brook.

Scissors likes this.
  6. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    No where near the paper it would have done 3\6 years ago
    This ship sailed long ago imo
    I would not be entertained in a fore gone conclusion
    That's way past its sell by date

Papillon likes this.
  7. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    If I was Brook I wouldn't fight at 147 in again. He offered Khan that fight loads when he was at 147 ib and he knocked it back so unless he wants it at a higher weight he shouldnt fight him.

ashishwarrior and Papillon like this.
  8. jm2729v

jm2729v Active Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Khan needs to fight Brook before he gets a belt at 154lbs; if he does Khan has no bargaining power and will clearly be the B side in negotiations. Khan has lost a lot of his fan base not because of the Canelo KO but inactivity this fight needs to be made next otherwise it's meaningless.

9. jm2729v

jm2729v Active Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Khan needs to fight Brook before he gets a belt at 154lbs; if he does Khan has no bargaining power and will clearly be the B side in negotiations. Khan has lost a lot of his fan base not because of the Canelo KO but inactivity this fight needs to be made next otherwise it's meaningless.

moog and Scissors like this.
  10. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hearn doesn’t care about Khan saving face. He will make this fight with Brook because it’s ALL about the money and it’s a long anticipated grudge match.

For Brook it’s an easy nights work to be frank but a great pay day.

11. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I m sceptical it ever gets made as well tbh. Khans always ran away from the fight. Doesn't exactly fill me with optimism him fighting le Greco next. Who looks genuinely useless.

Khan at this stage should be rejecting fights like that. Understand its a comeback fight. Rabchenko,s was an acceptable fight...at a new weight after 2 losses. Shows brook still wants to compete. Whereas le greco points towards khan no longer being interested. If he was he would have rejected that fight. Awaiting khans new excuses for when the time comes.

I actually think he does better against brook that people think as well. Hell give brook problems with them fast hands. I know brooks timings top notch...but its not all that easy to time someone's hands coming at you at the speed khans does. He slows down and becomes predictable...but hunters got him a bit smarter than what he was. Think brook stops him...but he,ll struggle to get going for a while. Not the 3 round KO people are thinking of.

Papillon likes this.
  12. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    I don’t know why but Brook can’t let go of the idea of this fight. Maybe because he wants to retire soon and this would be his biggest pay day?

But he can definitely win a belt at 154 and then go for the spence rematch. Which would be massive stateside!

Potwash likes this.
  13. Ian_k

Ian_k Active Member Full Member

May 8, 2012
    fight will get made but the weight im not sure about
    both there come back opponents have been selected to make them look good
    really there styles of there come back opponents are very similar

14. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Brook coming back off back to back brutal stoppages. Khan on the back of one and 2 years + of inactivity.

15. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Khan has always avoided domestic fights that were considered dangerous at the time.

Way back at the start of his career Khan should have fought John Murray and Thaxton, Khan claimed he was above domestic level and didn't fight either.

He would have probably beaten both but they would have been dangerous fights at the time.

I believe Khan can live with himself if he loses to Mexicans, Americans or whoever else because in his mind he is still the "Best in Britain", he is still the number 1 in his country, if he fought and lost to a domestic rival he can't claim that and it lives with him forever.

The Brook fight won't happen in my opinion, too much needle, too much pride, too much has been said, too many insults and we would finally get the answer to who is the best.

Khan is not risking it, he wouldn't and couldn't live with himself and he would never be allowed to forget it now with social media the way it is.

ryuken87, Gene Sr, Scissors and 2 others like this.