Amir Khan's Opponent To Be Announced Next Week

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Lazarus, Jan 5, 2011.

1. hagman1989

hagman1989 the boxing site , try it Full Member

Dec 13, 2008
    serious question , did haye **** your mum or something?

2. Big Dunk

Big Dunk Rob Palmer Full Member

Oct 25, 2010
    would not have any issue with Peterson......if it was on Sky Sports and has not ****ed the Haye fight up.

3. gazanta

gazanta Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 26, 2010
    surely khan has nothing to do with haye/klit! as im sure warren will do a show on april 30th n it will be on sbo!

4. boxing4eva

boxing4eva Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 3, 2009
    It's not directly screwing up the Haye fight exactly.. although it doesn't help. It's mainly the royal wedding. The only April date the Klit wanted was the 30th. You'd have to promote the Khan fight up untill fight night... then have 14 days to then switch promotion onto the Haye bout... in a press that was totally engrossed in the royal wedding the day before the bout. It's not ideal as with a fight of this magnitude only coming along once in a while you need to get as much from it as you can

5. Scotty321

Scotty321 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 21, 2008
    You are so wrong. Investing is not just about money.The people at sky understand how it works.

6. Beeston Brawler

Beeston Brawler Comical Ali-egedly Full Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Come on..... I'm just saying it how it is.

Khan is a marketable attraction and is having a fight in the UK before hopefully a big one in the States.

They promised Khan the date and will have a list of opponents for the team to choose from that meet their criteria.

The date fits with HBO in the States too.

Perhaps if Haye had been quicker in getting round the table to sort the matter out he'd have got the date.

It's not as simple as saying ''Sky are ****s'' or ''**** Khan off''

:deal

7. boxing4eva

Dec 3, 2009
    Not just about money? Are you deluded.. what exactly do you think Sky is there for, it's purpose is to generate profit through providing entertainment. Everything they invest whether it be time or finance equates ultimately to money.

In a sport where boxers can fizzle out and never fight again after losing a bout like Hatton.. or where they can suffer a hand/eye injury to cut short their career, or far more common, where they jump ship because someone has offered them more money....or they sign with a promotor who has a different broadcaster (Like last time Khan vanished from Sky). You really think Sky view a bout as anything but a single payday?

8. Scotty321

Scotty321 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 21, 2008
    you don't get it and i dont have time to explain how it works. All you need to know is that for any business to prosper, they have to rely on others. Smith and co think beyond one fight at a time trust me.

9. WhamBam

WhamBam Keeping Cool Full Member

Jul 30, 2010
    why dont they fight on the same night with khans 1 being the co-main event

10. boxing4eva

Dec 3, 2009

Klit's could do the 30th of April only. Even if you moved Khan onto the 30th you'd still have the same problem of the royal wedding.

11. Big Dunk

Big Dunk Rob Palmer Full Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Sky backing Khan like this would be all well and good if they showed a willingness to build him into a PPV fighter. Bradley vs Alexander winner or Marquez will be his next opponent. Will sky show there next fights I don't think so.

12. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico VIP Member Full Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Since when have they been 'building' him into a PPV fighter? They've already made him into one. Khan's got a very promising career ahead of him, so they've got every reason to back him.

13. boxing4eva

Dec 3, 2009
    This is sort of the point I'm making. People think Sky are investing in Khan?, It simply isn't the case. He's already a star. Nobody plans ahead with a fighter of Khan's level unless he's tied into a multi fight contract.

The only time you get something like that now is when you have an upcoming fighter(s) they can get on a long term deal with the promoter. Similar to how Warren has the Olympians and co setup and how Khan used to be before he began his rolling deal with Warren.

14. Evil Rick

Evil Rick Active Member Full Member

Jun 14, 2010
    I'd like it to be Prescott but I think they'll see this as a tune up fight for the Alexander/Bradley winner and go for Petterson. It makes the most sense...unfortunately.

15. AndrewFFC

AndrewFFC Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 12, 2009

What?