Amir Khan's Opponent To Be Announced Next Week

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Lazarus, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Lazarus

Lazarus Realist Full Member

Jan 1, 2010
    How is it a a **** fight?

Who should he fight then?

2. ishy

ishy VIP Member Full Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Completely different. Two British hw's, fighting for a 'world' title, both household names and both talkers.

Peterson's a nobody and it's at 140. Obviously heavies have more appeal. And Peterson isn't the trash talking type so he's not really going to sell the fight.

I don't have a problem with the fight but I certainly won't be paying £15 to watch it.

3. Lazarus

Jan 1, 2010
    Yes, but that still doesn't make it PPV worthy, does it?

4. ishy

ishy VIP Member Full Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Haye/Audley?

It was PPV worthy because the interest was their from the general public.

For us, purely from a boxing fans perspective, it was a **** fight and not PPV worthy at all. But as Bunce and Hearn and everyone else kept saying...it wasn't a fight for the boxing fans, it was a fight for the general public.

Khan-Peterson isn't that. It's not going to get boxing fans excited and it's not going to get the general public excited.

5. Flash Jab

Flash Jab Boxing Junkie banned

Jul 29, 2010
    It's just uninspiring as ****, I understand it's a tune-up but it's a step back. Like most people, a Prescott match would get a lot of talk. Murray despite him being at Lightweight. I would honestly even rather see Ortiz vs. Khan than Peterson.

6. Lazarus

Jan 1, 2010
    Fair enough.

I don't see what else is out there for Khan. Any other fight is just as pointless at this stage.

7. Lazarus

Jan 1, 2010
    Mate, a Prescott fight is 10x as pointless, because it'll be 10x as ****.

I understand what you mean though, the fight isn't very inspiring, but there's not much out there.

Ortiz was getting schooled by Peterson for the rest of the fight after the KD's he scored.

Both as irrelevant.

8. Trickster

Trickster Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Totally agree. I don't see how Sky can market this to make it interesting, I really don't. There is no way Peterson beats Khan so the only benefit I can see is that it gives Khan and Roach another training camp and a chance to iron out the mistakes that were made in the Maidana fight. That being said I won't be paying £15 or staying up til the crack of dawn to watch a glorified sparring session.

9. Flash Jab

Flash Jab Boxing Junkie banned

Jul 29, 2010
    Not that I'm saying either fight is much better, but I would at least be intrigued to see the Prescott fight, how could you not be?

tbh I'm not excited by Bradley or Alexander either. I just can't seem to get excited for them, mostly because they both beat up Junior Witter which I was gutted about, and Alexander won't shut up. The only thing I like about Bradley is the fact that he gets knocked down constantly and is just like "oh for **** sake" when he gets up. He's hilarious.

To be fair it'll be in England. I'll watch it, I can split the bill. Just won't be very excited.

10. Scotty321

Scotty321 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I think this will be time delayed in the US.
    Now Groves is in there with Golden Boy. Now who could he fight to make this PPV worthy?:think :hey (I can dream can't I)
    The way Warren and Booth go at it, maybe it'll take a 3rd party to make that fight.

11. portside

portside Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2010
    i take that as amir is not your mate.:think:good

12. portside

portside Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2010
    im going for second favourite, PRESCOT.

13. LP_1985

LP_1985 JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times Full Member

Sep 6, 2009
    i dont mind him sometimes:good

14. royalt0208

royalt0208 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 1, 2009
    It will be Peterson but I put down Prescott as I am seriously uninspired about that choice.

Prescott is poor and undeserving but there is history, there is something to prove and more importantly there is something to gain, you have none of that with the Peterson fight.

15. bigboxingfan

bigboxingfan Hypejob Full Member

May 12, 2010
    Not quite. Whilst I would agree with you that Prescott is a more inspiring fight because of the history, if Khan clowns Peterson and knocks him out it would give him some sort of mental edge over Bradley, who decisioned Peterson. Given that Khan-Bradley is quite likely, a better Khan win over a common opponent would at least mean something for Khan going into that fight. Ofcourse, the opposite also holds true if Peterson gives Khan hell :lol: