Amnat Ruenroeng is back at 44 years old!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Macedoine62, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Macedoine62

Macedoine62 Member Full Member

Dec 23, 2023
    Amnat Ruenroeng is known for having beaten Kazuto Ioka, Zou Shiming, John Riel Casimero and McWilliams Arroyo, and for having boxed some of the greatest Thai Englishmen of the moment, such as Nawaphon (Navapon) Khaikanha and Wisaksil Wangek "Srisaket Sor Rungvisai".

The former IBF World Flyweight Champion and Bronze Medallist at the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou in Flyweight, Asian Amateur Bronze Medallist in Zhuhai in 2009 and Bronze Medallist at the World Amateur Championships in Chicago in 2007 made his comeback in Super Lightweight at the age of 44 to the surprise of everyone.

He make his return at Pathum Thani, against the 22-year-old pro debutant Ronnakon Waophukhiao, Amnat win in TKO 2.

2. Macedoine62

Dec 23, 2023
  3. Macedoine62

Dec 23, 2023
    Before his comeback it was this fight the last victory in professional of Amnat Ruenroeng against Panya Uthok "Pungluang Sor Singyu", the former two-time WBO world champion in Bantamweigh:

Full fight :
    This content is protected

Highlights :
    This content is protected

I recommend it, it was a really big fight between two former world champions from Thailand.

4. thehook13

thehook13 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Respect for sure but I always remember him entering the Rio Olympics. Favourite for a medal....

Thinking it was bull**** a veteran (36) pro going in against the young amateurs. He was battered heavily and stopped. The rest of the pros including Hassan all knocked out of the tournament.
    Definitely changed my perspective on amateurs vs pros debate

Badbot, kingcracker and Macedoine62 like this.
  5. Macedoine62

Dec 23, 2023

Yes, it's not the same sport at all, which is why some good boxers amateurs are ridiculous when they turned pros and when the pros go back to the amateurs it's often impossible to get any wins Rex Tso is the best example of the transition from pro to amateur.

Badbot and thehook13 like this.
  6. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    My boy Ioka got robbed.

7. Macedoine62

Dec 23, 2023

Definetely not... he was too young with a lack of experience during that fight but Amnat was clearly superior bro.

8. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    He also got stopped by a teenage Tenshin Nasukawa from a left hook to the body in a kickboxing match around the same time as well. The little guys are always going to get with father time a bit harder, but man... a lot of these Thais have had really rough lives..... Ruenroeng started fighting before he was even 10 in Muay Thai, and didn't pick up boxing until much later while serving a lengthy prison sentence. He probably thought he still had too much for the Olympics, but looking back he fell off pretty hard around that time fairly rapidly.

thehook13 likes this.
  9. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Im still surprised he ended up beating Zou Shiming.

10. Fogger

Fogger Father, grandfather and big sports fan. Full Member

Aug 9, 2021
    He had a really nice run as flyweight champion but that was long ago. I have to assume that both he and his promoter have more planned and that his next fight will be be against a foe a step or two up from last week's opponent. I wish him luck but I would rather he retired.

11. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    I shall double down. My boy Ioka got robbed!

drenlou likes this.
  12. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Ioka got robbed!

Badbot and Macedoine62 like this.
  13. Macedoine62

Dec 23, 2023