***an Hatton, god I hope not!!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by The Lads, Dec 28, 2007.

1. The Lads

The Lads Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Irish light-welterweight champion Oisin ***an has set his sights on a bout with Ricky Hatton in Dublin.
    Hatton is planning on a return to 140lbs after being stopped by welterweight king Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas earlier this month and it has already been confirmed that the Mancunian’s people are interested in staging his next fight in Ireland.
    Hatton looks set to seek out a high-profile opponent for his next outing, regardless of the venue, but ***an believes that if he defeats the highly-rated Verquan Kimbrough for the vacant USBA lightweight title in West Virginia on Sunday, he would warrant a shot at ‘The Hitman’.
    "Promoter Brian Peters is talking of bringing Hatton to Dublin, so who better to give him a run for his money than myself," ***an asked in the Irish Independent.
    document.write('');"I would love to take on Ricky in Dublin, or anywhere else for that matter. I think it would be a great fight and I hope it can become a reality.
    “My own promoter, Stacy Goodson, has been gunning for a Hatton fight for the past year without success.
    "It's true that I normally box at lightweight but it would not be a problem to put on an extra five pounds for Hatton. So after Kimbrough, maybe it will happen," he added.

2. The Lads

The Lads Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Stacy Goodson is a plonker for starters, plus it'd give Jeff a "twice removed" link to Mayweather ;-)

3. Big Ears

Big Ears Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Unfortuntaly for ***an I fear Kimbrough will have too much for him , and if he loses that I doubt Hatton would bother with ***an as his return opponent .

Good to hear he's making his comeback on these shores though :D

4. steelem

steelem Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    ***an wants hatton but i bet hatton dont want ***an!!! bring on witter hatton

5. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I think Hatton is ducking Oisen :) ...... ***an is the nicest boxer I have ever met we talk all the time... I'd hate to see him in with Hatton ... mind you I said the same thing about the Spadafora fight.

6. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006
    I got the Buckley<Hamed<Barerra link. Plus the Buckley<Freitas<Corrales<Mayweather one so who knows. I have already fought someone who fought Hatton in the Ams. I think their avoiding me ;)

7. The Kurgan

The Kurgan Boxing Junkie banned

Nov 16, 2004
    Well, if the only pro links you have are via Buckley, then you share them with no less than 15,000 British pro boxers betweem 1940 and 2007.

8. steelem

Mar 5, 2006
    i dont think hattons avoiding any one - hatton is superstar status really - who the hell is oisen

9. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006
    I could prob go through Thorpey as well- :lol:

10. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006
    :roll:

11. Big Ears

Jun 5, 2005
    I hope to god your not serious

12. steelem

Mar 5, 2006
    I am !! ***ans of no real staus to hatton - you tell me what would you rather see hatton ***an - hatton witter - as i said who the hell is oison
    oison
    This content is protected
    +
    +
    = 24 hatton
    +
    +
    = 44 Witter
    |
    |
    | NC 0 | ND 0 | Tot 39

13. Big Ears

Jun 5, 2005
    That's the whole point , Jeff wasn't being serious for **** sake !

I was just amazed you didn't get his sarcasm , Jeff knows the difference between ***an and Hatton , he's fought ***an .

14. steelem

Mar 5, 2006
    i get his sarcasm alright - jeff isnt the brainiest guy round here - neither are you for that matter !! anyway that other fight you mentioned above was it one of ***ans KO

15. Big Ears

Jun 5, 2005
    If you got the sarcasm then why the serious reply to his post ? , anyway it's imaterial really .

It was a referee stoppage win for ***an , great fight too .
    ***an was in very good shape and just kept coming forward applying pressure , Jeff(not disrespect mate) wasn't in great conditioning in comparrison .

I know Jeff suffers from Asthma and I think was working the doors at the time , aswelling as having a problem with dust if I recall right(and before anyone laughs dust can be a major issue for Asmathics , I know Clinton Woods lists sorting a problem with dust as one of the main reasons for his improvements the last few years) . Issues like that would contribute to a lack of conditioning .

***an never really hurt(stunned) Jeff but just wore him down through willpower , conditioning and a great workrate .

As for intelligence , this is a boxing forum and intelligence would relate to how well someone knows the sport . Jeff being a pro would know quite a bit , me ? , I don't really know as I can't look at it objectively .

But as for you , well I'm not even familiar with who you are............your pretty insignificant , even if you are the genius you appear to be ;)