AND THE NEW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD.. BYE BYE Jennings

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by TSoprano, Apr 25, 2015.

1. skier47

skier47 Guest

Complete domination by Wlad. Won all the early rounds, controlled the center of the ring, landed all the meaningful head shots. A few middle rounds were back and forth. Wlad closed the show and in the 12 championship round had Jennings hurt and running for his life. A great champion can knock out opponents and when necessary comprehensively outbox them which is exactly what The Steelhammer did tonight. Wlad will now slaughter pretenders like Fury and that overated bum Wilder. I can't wait.

2. Saku

Saku We Are All One Full Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Wlad dominated the fight but not the rounds.
    He became more and more frustrated in the later rounds, I saw desperation in his face. He should learn to hurt his opponents with body shots, or even better be trained by Vitali.

3. aaronpernell

aaronpernell Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2009
    Only person on earth to score the fight for Jennings and does so by one point equals robbery. Good effort from Jennings made it a difficult fight for Klitschko but I believe he lost as do most

4. TSoprano

TSoprano Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 26, 2014
    True, he should fire Jonathon Banks immediately. This wouldn't happen with Manny Steward in his corner. Wlad made clear after the fight that he doesn't want a rematch with Jennings.

5. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Jennings did much better than I thought he would so I have to give him credit. With that said no case can be made for him wining that fight.

6. TSoprano

TSoprano Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 26, 2014
    No robbery, but 118-109 was ridiculous...

Jennings won at least five rounds.

7. aaronpernell

aaronpernell Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2009
    I agree that the 118 scorecard was crazy but would also say 5 rounds for Jennings is on the generous end. Will have to rewatch the fight and score it, was watching live from the second deck so sure the tv view will be a tad bit better