Anderson Silva vs Julio Caesar Chavez Jnr agree to boxing match

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by FrankinDallas, Apr 30, 2021.

1. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Just saw this...it's a boxing match not an exhibition to be held on June 19 in Guadalajara.

2. AlwaysFirst

AlwaysFirst Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    It’s Jr that’s fighting Silva, Sr is fighting someone else on the same card if I remember correctly.

Limerickbox likes this.
  3. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Title Edited...yeah it makes sense for the loser Junior to have this silly exhibition; Senior would be fighting an old MMA guy.

4. MarvelousMarvinGolovkin

MarvelousMarvinGolovkin Kownackis belly button lint Full Member

Nov 13, 2020
    Anderson Silva has looked absolutely horrid lately, all he does is stick his tongue out and shake his head meanwhile all he did was dodge 2 jabs

5. The G-Man

The G-Man Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2020
    Sr is fighting whatis billed his lastexhibition against Machito.

AlwaysFirst likes this.
  6. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    WOW, all these ridiculous fights have just bred more ridiculous fights.

It's all about that money. I won't knock anybody earning money legally but at what point does this start to really damage the sport of boxing?

I mean to the point it's irreparable?

Will it take some old faded Sports star getting paralysed or killed in a fight for these types of fight to get more regulated and maybe even banned?

I don't know if legally you can stop anybody fighting or earning a living fighting but surely states and countries should start looking at banning certain fights.

Also have to ask.. How are these old fighters, celebrities passing medicals? What are the medical tests? "Is he breathing? Yeah, OK he has passed"

AlwaysFirst likes this.