Andrade v Williams

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Apr 12, 2021.

Who’ve you got

Poll closed Apr 17, 2021.
  1. Andrade

44 vote(s)
    69.8%
  2. Williams

19 vote(s)
    30.2%
  1. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I think the same thing but the opposite way round. Williams hasn't really shown anything to make me think he could trouble Andrade. He's won British and commonwealth but nothing at world level.

N17 and moog like this.
  2. murphman22

murphman22 Active Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Do you think Andrade has good footwork? He couldn’t hold off Culcay, struggled with Vanes. He’s won because he has fought nobodies and in spite of poor technique, due to athlete ability. Williams very well rounded, solid at world level imo. Best opponent to date for Andrade

3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I've not really noticed an issue with his footwork to be honest bud.

moog likes this.
  4. FirstJab

FirstJab New Member Full Member

Apr 17, 2021
    Interesting fight, BooBoo quite simply is the better boxer imo. Has most advantages his way and he's the unbeaten home fighter.
    Prior to fight week he seemed like its gonna be a walk in the park but have noticed a change in attitude, though that could just be the fire of fight week.

But, Williams has the more dog in him imo although likewise I also think he has more "quit" in him. Ingle should have him fully prepped, Andrade could just ping him all night and stay elusive, he has the skills to do that, but I think Williams' game plan is to literally look for the KO just after mid rounds and "empty the tank" before the champ rounds.

Gonna be interesting, has the potential to be a great fight imo, Andrade drifting slightly in the betting also.

5. murphman22

murphman22 Active Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2004
    I don’t think he does have the skills to stay elusive. I think this is a complete misperception. He is a counter punch and boxes from range but he doesn’t move his feet well. Williams will close the gap imo and Andrade won’t be able to ‘dance’ away.

6. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    He has excellent footwork. His problem is like many top Anerican fighters he can be lazy and go through motions.

7. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    If William's doesnt get a foothold early as I expect it will be a long night for him. Williams has improved but when he stepped up before he froze, and if he doesnt make a strong start I would expect the same to happen.

Twentyman likes this.
  8. Suspect.chin

Suspect.chin Active Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2017
  9. Terry94

Terry94 15-05-20 Full Member

Apr 20, 2017
    That ref pissed me off. Absolutely useless, all Andrade did was hold.

PopTheJab likes this.
  10. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Felt for Paul Smith (excellent co-commentator) having to work with Nick Appalling. Guys terrible.

Rayaitch likes this.
  11. PopTheJab

PopTheJab Ingles Pringles are Out Of Stock banned Full Member

Apr 14, 2021
    It was much closer than the corrupt judges had it. And the Dazn commentators were very biased. Williams gets 10/10 for effort and toughness, But anyway the right man won, I had Andrade winning by 2. But maybe he could've had points deducted for holding.

Yet another loss for the Ingle gym which seems to be a running theme. It's a losers gym at the moment for sure.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  12. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Enjoyed the fight, it went more or less how I thought it would, Williams giving Andrade a tough night's work, having some successful moments but ultimately just not good enough to get the win over Andrade. Williams reputation will have enhanced after that performance though, especially over in the states. He might get another good opportunity off the back of that as he's proved he can mix it at a high level and has the style to make entertaining fights. Hope to see Andrade in against one of the other middleweight belt-holders next, and would absolutely love Williams to fight Eubank next, what a fight that could be.

Greg Price99 and Scissors like this.
  13. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Happens all the time over there. Off the top of me head Williams, Calzaghe, Hatton, Burns and just had one that has slipped out of my head. Refs definitely playing to the home fighters tune, it winds me up. Andrade was there for the taking last night, the difference between being allowed to hold for half a round and say a reasonable (for this corrupt sport) 20% of a round is huge!! Williams couldn’t capitalise on his good stuff because he kept smothering himself but I don’t care what anyone says he’d have got to him without the excessive holding.

It’s crap not having the commentators in the arena because they just see what we see. Andrade looked one punch away from being out in the 3rd and 7th I think. They didn’t notice fast enough.

Any more fights at 160 for Andrade and I’ll be quickly looking at odds checker.

14. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I have this fantasy in my head that Williams is the Welsh Micky Ward and eventually his time will come, he's still got time, I just don't know what happens next after this.

15. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    I've just caught up with the fight.

Williams is very tough with a great engine but very limited at world level, he's certainly capable of causing an upset against one of the champions but that's all it would be, an upset and he would lose the rematch/defence against a world level fighter.

The fight itself was scrappy, crude but despite this remained engaging throughout.

I also enjoyed Nick Halling and Paul Smith on commentary, better than Smith and Macklin that's for sure.

Here's Johnny likes this.