Andre Ward bulking says he at is 199 ibs pure muscle working on something special.....

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson Fury Goat, Jan 24, 2018.

1. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Also fact that ward has refused vada testing the past and also he has shown a tell tale sign of ped use with his back acne. So that alone puts suspicion on ward and now hes talking about putting on pure muscle mass while he’s been retired it will naturally make people at least discuss the subject.

2. Absolutely!

Absolutely! Fabulous, darling! Full Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Depends what stage of development they're at. Ward is already muscular at 175lbs and a grown man. The most he could likely gain in a month would be around one and and half to two pounds of pure muscle. That's provided he's training full time on muscle gain with a great diet and no use of steroids. More likely it'd be closer to a pound.

As a beginner, having done no weight training at around 155lbs it'd be considered exceptional to gain anything around 20lbs a year. I think we can assume Ward is neither 155lbs nor a complete novice to weight training.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-ripped-dude-how-much-muscle-can-i-put-on-naturally.html

https://www.muscleforlife.com/how-much-muscle-can-you-build-naturally/

https://www.t-nation.com/training/tip-how-much-muscle-can-i-build-in-a-month

There are loads more articles available, but those should give you a good idea of things. Regarding your own experience, how much of your mass gain was lean muscle? Ward seems to be saying he's gained 10-15lbs of lean muscle, not just overall mass. For a man of his stage of physical development that raises alarm bells with me.

Even at 7 months the weight gain is suspicious. Then again, Ward might be BSing and including fat along with the lean muscle, in which case 10-15lbs is very attainable.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  3. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    To be fair he has been VADA tested before and back acne means nothing, hell I have back acne right now and I'm not doping. That much increased mass if true is suspicious though and this is coming from a Ward fan.

4. Faceplant

Faceplant Lucky Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    He's going to try to billygoat Joshua for the HW title.

5. Absolutely!

Jul 8, 2010
    Yeah, I have back acne myself, and have done since my teens. That's a poor indicator.

What's more damning is the company Ward has kept in the past, namely Victor Conte. There's only one reason you ever hire Victor Conte for any sports related activity, and it ain't for his great knowledge of bass guitar.

Rock0052 likes this.
  6. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    And its not like Ward is that muscular either. He was a damn matchstick when he turned pro. Said years ago that to make 175lbs took work.

kirk likes this.
  7. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Agreed anyone working with known offenders has to be suspect. Now that Ruiz Jr is supposedly working with Memo Heredia combined with his dramatic weight loss you have to suspect he's doping now.

Rock0052 likes this.
  8. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Even for a relatively skinny guy? We are not talking about a bodybuilder here. Those guys work for years to gain a few pounds.

9. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Lol at the Ward haters.

SOG about to crap on the HW division.

10. velagod

Oct 20, 2012
    I know but he refused it after he had a break and yeah back acne don’t mean much but when you consider it all it’s suspect.

Lyle McDonald's Natural Lean Muscle Mass Gain Model
    Years Training: Muscle Gain:
    1 year 20-25 pounds (2 pounds per month)
    2 years 10-12 pounds (1 pound per month)
    3 years 5-6 pounds (.5 pound per month)
    4 years 2-3 pounds (not worth calculating)

uppercut_to_the_body likes this.
  11. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Lyle McDonald is such a gimp and he hasn't gained an ounce of muscle in his life.

12. velagod

Oct 20, 2012
    Haha but what he puts there is generally accepted as the norm though.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  13. Absolutely!

Jul 8, 2010
    Ward takes a crap on most of the divisions he's been involved in to be fair.

14. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    AJ vs Ward: drug dealer vs drug taker.

Serge likes this.
  15. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Andre Son of Roids Ward.

:deal:

Serge and lewis gassed like this.