"Andre Ward doesn't have the skillset of Anthony Yarde" - Tunde

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lewis gassed, Apr 14, 2019.

1. InsideJab

InsideJab Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2015
    He’s definitely on the wind up and in character but still the way Yarde mugs him off in interviews is degrading for a trainer. The Whyte one was the worst they both absolutely destroyed him

Wizbit1013 and Dragon Punch like this.
  2. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Aye that does my tits in too.

VanBasten likes this.
  3. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Tunde is a genius. He's created oodles of media exposure for a mediocre boxer by his seemingly moronic but actually intentionally bizarre comments. This is all part of the Tunde strategy.

Either that or he is indeed just a moron.

VanBasten, Sugar 88, kojak and 5 others like this.
  4. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Next up we need an interview with Tunde, Prince Patel and Wilder all present.

With a translator, psychiatrist and FBI crisis negotiation team on stand by. Just in case things went South.

kojak, Scissors and ipitythefool like this.
  5. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    They don't use sparring partners. Would you call that genius or moronic?

6. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I think it’s foolhardy to use no sparring partners at all but one clear benefit of little sparring is longevity and the benefit to the boxer’s long term health. I remember a recent interview from Frampton where he said that he was doing too much sparring under McGuigan and it was taking its toll on Frampton’s health.

If this no sparring thing is legit, and it seems to be since we’ve heard no stories about sparring from Yarde’s camp, it could be a genius move in that Yarde will have suffered very few blows in his boxing career to date and he is on the cusp of a world title.

I’d suggest we see how this plays out. If Yarde beats Kovalev almost everyone in this thread would appear tremendously ingnorabt compared to Tunde. If the reverse happens then by all means ridicule Tunde.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  7. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Also I still haven’t seen this post. People on here are so obsessed by my alleged obsession about Hearn that they imagine posts that I made about Hearn.

8. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    For me he's like another Angel Garcia but then for a much lesser accomplished fighter.
    I don't know however why he's continuing to do this now, when it can only work against Yarde at this point. The fight and payday is there, but a still couple of months away. He can start bullshirting again once the fight is close, and even more ridiculous bullshirt if Yarde somehow does better as expected or even shocks the world.

Brixton Bomber and ipitythefool like this.
  9. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Tunde has had a thousand boxers in the past use his world beating skills and he has made it with __ of them. ( Fill in the gap )

That will tell you how serious you should take him.

Wizbit1013 and Brixton Bomber like this.
  10. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I quite like Yarde but have been a huge critic of his opponents to date and rightly so.

The sparring thing to me is madness, yes you can do too much but you need good sparring, even more so when you don't fight anybody decent in the ring.

Dogboe is a prime example. He spars a relative only. Came up against a tall game fighter and couldn't get through. If he had replicated that style in training maybe the result would have been different.

Wonder if he has changed his approach for the rematch?

Deels and CutThroatFade like this.
  11. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Tunde is a doughnut

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  12. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    The guy is delusional or trying to hype his guy...but the fact they don’t use sparring suggests the former...hopefully he chats the bookies into making Yarde favourite so there is money to be made...

13. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    If you think about it, it's true. Yarde does not have the skillset of Ward. Completely right.

Sugar 88 likes this.
  14. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    This content is protected

15. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Yarde has absolutely no chance vs Kovalev, none.

It's about as one-sided as a bout as Loma vs Crolla, or Khan vs Canelo, or Kevin Johnson vs Dubois. Except that all those guys have been in with world class fighters and have some semblance of ability, where as Yarde won't fight anyone British level and doesn't even spar, amazingly.

This is a textbook case of a "cash out", and if that was the aim all along then they have done a good job.