Andre Ward is a greater fighter than Floyd Mayweather, allow me to explain

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tinman, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    None of these so called guys would have been favored to beat him and had he fought them and beat them people like you would have had an excuse and not given him credit anyway like you have for most of his wins.

Why compromise? PBF already agreed to that ridiculous 1 million dollar per pound weight fine that Pac wanted. Giving blood with no cutoffs that was to be given to both fighters if you're clean and have nothing to hide, you test period. Blame Pac for not being sure he could't pass a drug test and ducking a prime PBF. If it had been Pac who wanted testing and PBF refused and ran off to fight Clottey he would have been accused of being a cheat a ducker and would have been run out of the sport but since people like Pac more they give him a pass? Bull****!

BTW how didn't he have the intention dummy when he agreed to everything and it was Pac who walked away from the talks to fight Clottey? That's the dumbest logic I've ever heard all day, one guy walks away from talks but the other guy who didn't and wanted to fight gets the blame, I mean you can't make that kind of stupid **** up if your tried. LMFAO!!! Pac didn't have any intention he ran away from the fight even Roach said that he needed more time in order to come up with a game plan in order to deal with PBF. Yet you leave stuff like that out and the video of Roach saying it was their fault the fight didn't happen back in 2009 because they didn't want random blood testing with no cut offs. Your agenda is bull****, stop spreading this myth.
    2:28

This content is protected

PBF proved to be superior and beats any version of Pac. He didn't need to see him KTFO by a guy he shut out he saw him going life and death with JMM and losing to a faded EM that was good enough proof for him that Pac couldn't beat him. He knew that Pac had no answer for his ability to control range and dictate distance on him and that's exactly what happened when they fought. So spare me with that wishful thinking ****, wishful thinking doesn't work with PBF you should know that by now, he's too great.:deal:

2. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    It's hands down the best win on either man's resume. That much is obvious.

Loudon likes this.
  3. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Mikey Garcia had to fight Lomachenko. That was the guy. I don't want to hear some BS about Bob Arum being a douche and hard to work with. Or risk/reward. Purse too small. All that BS. You want the fight, you tell your manager to get Loma's name on that damn contract. I don't care what you have to do. Get the man to sign the damn contract. But he didn't want it.

Now we have Errol Spence who is playing the same BS with Crawford. That was the guy. The excuses are tiring. Get the man to sign the damn contract. You want it, then get it on. No ducking. He may still fight him, but Crawford is now 32 and the fight is slipping away.

Ward fought the man. And for that he deserves the respect of being a great fighter.

Rock0052 likes this.
  4. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Do people have to be reminded that Kovalev up until the Ward fight was the single most dominant fighter in the sport p4p. That's how devastating he was in the ring and how much destruction he was responsible for.

5. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Do you need to be reminded that your opinion is NOT a fact? You might think Kovalev was the most dominant fighter, some might feel It was Roman Gonzalez, to some It could be Golovkin, and some might even put Yamanaka’s run ahead.

Again, Kovalev was a very good fighter, but he was no prime Mike Tyson, no lightweight Roberto Duran.

6. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    He was doing the same things that Mike Tyson did. And not against blown up 175 pounders either. His performance against Cleverly was the most dominant I've seen in years.

Gonzalez ain't nothing, but a bloated Lightflyweight.

GGG was a savage back then I agree with that.

7. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    You know damn well PBF would have refused testing too. No way Floyd is letting someone impose drug testing on him after he was a big money star. He should have just fought Pac back then, but he had to come up with BS like his own drug testing. He only did it for other fighters because he would have looked bad to request it for Pac but not for anybody else. It's clear that he was unsure of beating Pac and thought he had to be on something, whether he would have beaten him anyway is irrelevant.

Loudon likes this.
  8. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    He wasn't doing the same things that Mike Tyson did. Cleverly was a great performance, but a performance like that was just another day at the office for Iron Mike. In fact, his destructions of Frank Bruno, Tony Tubbs, Holmes, Trevor Berbick were far more destructive and none of those guys were blown up 175 pounders. There's no comparison there, none.

Gonzalez was 22-0 with 18 KOs in 2010s across 4 weight classes until he ran into Rungvisai , he's beaten several guys who were superior fighters to gusy like Cleverley and Pascal, and his performances against Brian Viloria and Yaegashi was just as good as, maybe even better than anything we've seen from the Krusher.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

9. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Lol, given it's own stand alone paragraph for emphasis. I disagree, of course.

10. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Dude testing was in the original contract from day 1 and was agreed to and even laughed at it wasnt until Mayweather accepted 50/50 and all of Pacquiaos demands that drug testing became an issue and it was at that point ped accusations started...
    Regardless in the biggest fight of our generation the fact that people have a problem with BOTH fighter taking the best testing only positives could come from that.. I know yall hate Mayweather but Manny pulled the biggest duck of the century. People still act like the stadium and cut and jail excuses didn't happen from Manny's camp, how do people ignore reality and still lie to fit their own agenda.

Pimp C likes this.
  11. Babality

Dec 6, 2008
    PED accusations had begun before that. Floyd just couldn't believe Pac was leveling guys like that, he had to be on something. He just didn't really want it. All that "clean up the sport" was BS. We all know it was just for Pac, and of course, to have his own drug testing agency in his pocket and shoot up IVs and who knows what else. What a good guy Floyd is, doing so much for the sport.

Loudon likes this.
  12. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Preach!

Even when you present video proof of his trainer saying it was their fault they chose to ignore it and continue to spread lies to further their anti pbf agenda. It's pathetic.

acie2g likes this.
  13. Babality

Dec 6, 2008
    You are really using Roach when it benefits you huh? These trainers talk a ton of ****. Nothing new. Answer me, would PBF have accepted drug testing if Pac would have wanted his own?

Loudon likes this.
  14. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Roach is simply telling what happened back then. I already knew this because i was following boxing back then and was well aware of the negotiations in 2009. Too be honest i dont know if he would have or not but if it was pac who asked for it back then and pbf refused he would not have gotten a pass back then like pac that's for damn sure. With that said he did agree to pac's 1 million dollar per pound over weight penalty that pac wanted. But who really knows?

15. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Obviously where you said that Floyd's early career alone trumps anything that Ward did.