Andre Ward retires

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by KiwiMan, Sep 21, 2017.

1. latineg

latineg user of dude wipes Full Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I don't blame him, why go up to cruiser and beyond just for our entertainment?

Those guys are too big and TALL for Ward, IMO. Smart move. Plus the top guys at lhw are potentially greater challenges to him then Kov turned out to be.

He did well to get past Kov, why risk facing younger lions when you're not feeling it anymore.

Smart decision, I never have a problem with dudes retiring earlier rather than later, this sport is too brutal to question such things.

2. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    One of the best fighters of our generation.

I am not sure how kind history will be to Ward down the years as he is not the most memorable, yet undoubtedly one of the most effective.

Wish you all the best in retirement champ.

Stay retired, don't want to see any comebacks from you.

GK BOX and Rumsfeld like this.
  3. JacobEr

JacobEr Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2017
    I agree, Weeks made a mistake. He had to either counting a knockdown against Kovalev or warning Ward for low blows and give to Kovalev time to recover. But even Weeks gave time to Kovalev, Ward would have won, Kovalev was exhausted.

4. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Kovalev clearly beat SOB in the first fight, even Mayweather said that, but SOB's personal judges and referee helped him out, but it was a robbery. In the rematch, SOB landed three low blows to the testicles, the slow motion video shows it clearly and the still pictures as well. However, Tony Week is corrupt and so is Bob Bennett who refused to even review the video. Bob Bennett also said that Byrd was the best boxing judges in the world and had never had a bad score, he lied, Byrd has been corrupt for years and so is Bob Bennett. Bob Bennett also lied about the Rigo fight, where Rigo held his opponent's head and hit his several times, then clearly after the bell landed a huge left hook when his opponent did not see it or expect it since it was several seconds after the bell, yet Bennett lied while HBO was showing the video, HBO called him out on in. They had to change the decision. They should have disqualified SOB for the testicles blows.........................SOB is a sick piece of fecal matter, he is no son of God, he is SOB, P4P the dirtiest boxer in boxing history! Let's have a rematch in Moscow, with Russian judges, referee and boxing commission and then let's see who wins.....................

Penne Pollo likes this.
  5. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Didn't know you felt this way

travolt, Loudon and JoffJoff like this.
  6. Ronnie Raygun

Ronnie Raygun Active Member banned Full Member

Aug 20, 2017
  7. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Ha!

No, it would have done not so long ago though. But I've listened to a lot of his interviews over the past year or so, and I like him as a pundit. Also, he trolled Eubank Jr which was great.

8. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I remember CEJ called him out but I wasn't aware of this little Twiiter exchange between them or if I was it had completely vanished from memory

✔@SkyBet

"I have seen better belts sold in @Matalan!"

Not sure @TonyBellew is too impressed with @ChrisEubankJr's IBO title

11:15 AM - Mar 23, 2017

Chris Eubank Jr

✔@ChrisEubankJr

@SkyBet @TonyBellew dont get too brave mate it took u 6 rounds to beat a man with 1 leg. Davids injury made the fight even #CouldntBoxEggs

Tony Bellew

✔@TonyBellew

The same man who said he'd leave me asleep within 2 rounds and put me in hospital. As for your IBO? Next have got more prestigious belts

11:00 PM - Mar 23, 2017

Chris Eubank Jr

✔@ChrisEubankJr

Every1 knows without that injury you would've got banged. Rematch or come down to SuperMiddle & ill show u what boxing is about @TonyBellew

Tony Bellew

✔@TonyBellew

No one is laughing at me cos I'm a REAL world champion! UNLIKE you @ChrisEubankJr , You keep calling GGG and losing your bottle at last min

8:59 AM - Mar 24, 2017

Tony Bellew

✔@TonyBellew

@ChrisEubankJr I'm not losing any weight anytime soon and IF I fight again it will be with the big boys in real fights. Try it some time

10:11 AM - Mar 24, 2017

:lol: Well CEJ got served there

Loudon likes this.
  9. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    Ha!

Those are the ones.

When Eubank asked him to meet him at 12 stone, Tony said: "The last time I weighed 12 stone, you were still in your Dad's sack"

BCS8 and Ilikeboxing like this.
  10. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol:

And what in god's name is EBJ calling out Bellew for at 168? Bellew looked like he'd just walked out of a concentration camp at weigh ins when he was campaigning down at LHW, CEJ would stand more chance of sparking Beterbiev out cold in a round with a jab than Bellew would of making 168 lol

BCS8 and Loudon like this.
  11. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    Ha!

It was ridiculous.

He looked ill against Cleverly.

Do you know anything about this guy Eubank's facing next?

12. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    A little. He's very strong, rugged and tough and he appears to hit pretty hard too. I get the impression that Groves and Callum Smith seem to rate him a bit. And he knocked out DeGale's teeth in sparring too.

All of us recently bore witness to the WBC-IBF super middleweight unification slobberknocker between James DeGale and Badou Jack, an epic ended with DeGale losing his upper row of his teeth.

What many didn’t know was that the teeth were just temporary fixes. In fact, according to a David Haye revelation, the real damage had been done a week before in sparring:

“He actually got his teeth punched out a week before in Miami,” David Haye revealed in an Instagram Live post.

Haye's been in South Beach preparing for his heavyweight grudge match against WBC cruiserweight champion Tony Bellew.

"So when they say Badou Jack punched his teeth out, no, he didn't."

So who did?

We did some digging at the world’s famous 5th Street Gym in Miami Beach — Muhammad Ali’s old stomping grounds — and got wind of the sparring session that shattered the Brit’s entire upper row of fangs.

Turns out it was Turkish super middleweight Avni "The Robot" Yildirim (14-0, 9 KOs), the No. 3 WBC contender — also known as "The Dentist" in the 5th Street Gym — who did the DDS job on DeGale.

The young Turk is a European powerhouse, whose earned a stamp of Instagram approval from former light heavyweight champ Antonio Tarver: “Monster.”

According to people in the gym, as DeGale stood up against the ropes, a vicious right uppercut connected with the IBF champ, sending the Brit's teeth flying in multiple directions, with one ricocheting off a poster of a young Cassius Clay.

“My guy’s not going to say but I can say it — he kicked James DeGale’s ass and robbed him of his teeth, NOT Badou Jack,” said The Dentist's coach Ahmet Oner, the former manager of Cuban standouts Odlanier Solis, Yuriorkis Gamboa, Erislandy Lara and Guillermo Rigondeaux'

He chipped a couple of one of his opponent's teeth too

'According to cornerman Ahmet Oner, their opponent came to fight but ultimately was rushed to the hospital with a bleeding gum and — and, you guessed it — two chipped teeth and one partially clipped canine.

“We hate the fact that we have to do this to these guys,” Oner said. “They’re nice young kids. They deserve pretty smiles. But when I unleash Avni, they have two choices: run out the ring or get ready to get dentures. There’s no other way.”

Loudon and Rock0052 like this.
  13. travolt

travolt Trolling the trolls Full Member

Aug 1, 2011
  14. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Eubanks Jr....*groan*..we already have a Julio Cesar Chavez jr FFS...

15. Phelps-Brady

Phelps-Brady Slicker than Raspberry ripple banned Full Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Wow that triggered your touchy feely bone!

'Pimp'... Fooking 'pimp'.. Ye your little emojis ere totally gangsta bro! 'Troll alt'.. That's sum wack smack fam... You learn that off my teenage daughter?!

Keep loving dat whitey jizz bro