Andy Lee = joke

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by dwilson, Oct 29, 2007.

1. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Andy Lee beat another big punching danderman last week in James Morrow 10-7-2 (5), great to see him fighting top class oppostion. Can you imagine if Khan had fought someone with that ledger in his twelth fight? Double standards or what. Anyone with decent ability can look fantastic against bums.

2. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    i like andy lee, but its true there are double standards.

then again, you don't really hear much about lee, and as far as i know he hasn't been claiming he'll be world champ within 4 fights

3. Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean My nAmE IS MoNeY Full Member

Jun 19, 2007
    andy lee doesnt talk like khan does

4. rumour24tiger

rumour24tiger Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2006
    They're taking their time with Lee and guess what? When he's ready he'll boss the whole middleweight division. He's learning his trade in America, he's taking fights in the US, Germany (on Wlad cards) and now Ireland. Middleweight will be in great hands as he may be able to fight champs from America and Germany, and he has the raw talent that will really grow well. Not to mention plenty of power.

5. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Weak opposition? Carl Daniels! Nothing else needs to be said.

6. dwilson

dwilson Guest

I am a big Andy Lee fan and I really really dislike Khan. But I am sick of the double standards people have on here. Lee is a fantastic prospect but someone with his talent should be fighting better people than he has unless his guys have serious doubts over him in someway.

7. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Lee's punches at the moment are stiff but he has power and Is a good body puncher.

8. dwilson

dwilson Guest

I will not doubt his ability and as i've said im a fan but he's had twelve fights against mainly bums and people are talking about him doing daft things this time next year and earlier. If as it seem he is been moved slow then people should treat him that way and not go all homosexual on his ass.

9. Big Ears

Big Ears Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Lee was knocked out at the last 16 stage of the Olympics(okay it was a robbery but he was still knocked out at that stage) Khan won a Silver medal .

Khan has been a pro 8 months longer , Lee shouldn't be blamed for being more active and having had almost the same amount of fights in a shorter time span .

Lee has beaten Carl Daniels , Dennis Sharpe and Arturo Ortega who were all decent enough . The reason it hasn't been that great of late is he is fighting almost once a month .

There's no double standards , 8 months ago Khan hadn't beat Limond and Lawton , if Lee hasn't stepped it up by then come back to this thread and you might have a point then .