Andy Lee

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Dunky McCafferty, Sep 4, 2007.

1. pijo

pijo Feed the Pope Full Member

Jul 28, 2007
    :good

2. slapbangwhallop

slapbangwhallop The Sweet Scientist Full Member

Oct 13, 2007
    **** talk!! Ireland is a richer country than the UK - higher standard of living, better educated, long life expectance etc etc etc!

British and more accurately English people are disliked across the world because they are murdering ignorant and arrogant wankers! I know that will hit a nerve with many English people on here but the fact is that it is true.

3. slapbangwhallop

Oct 13, 2007
    no, you can only stay as an unemployed former potter!

4. archie

archie Member Full Member

Apr 12, 2007
    An interesting point about his amateur experience and you might be right about the measure of the old chin resistance being tested before he turned pro...and whilst my point is a bit off the subject, for which I apologies, but it did get me thinking....was Amir repeatadly knocked down in the his amateur days? As people keep claiming he has no chin? Is there any evidence of this in his non-paid days? I know Limond put him down, but anyone has a punchers chance if they connect..my question is "does Amirs amateur career" suggest he has no chin, or are people just looking to criticise him for being a star already?..we English do have a habit and history of knocking those who appear to be succesful without reason to do so...

5. pijo

pijo Feed the Pope Full Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Cheers for clearing it up for me mate.:good

6. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007

Khan did get dropped heavily by Craig Watson towards the end of his amateur career so yes there was some evidence of a suspect chin before he turned pro.

7. archie

Apr 12, 2007
    Thanks for you reply..how many amateur fights did Amir have? As being kncked down "once" does not indicate a propensity to "go down", unless he only had one amateur fight?..however, having had a chance to google Amirs amateur record, it appears (unless I am mistaken) he had approx 50 amateur fights..therefore if Craig was his only blemish (in terms of being knocked down) then thats suggests that Amir got knocked down in ONLY 2% of his amateur fights..now I am no statitician, but that does not suggest a dodgy chin???

8. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007

I don't know how many fights Khan had but he was an outstanding amateur.

It is not the Watson knockdown alone that suggests his chin is questionable - there is also evidence of it in his relatively short pro career to date. The fact he is consistently put in with light hitting opponents also suggests a weakness.

9. archie

Apr 12, 2007
    Good point..I guess if he fights Earl or Thaxton next, then this will surely test his punch resistance..we shall see...

10. slapbangwhallop

Oct 13, 2007
    made a trip to Hanley today - never seen ya there!

11. ron u.k.

ron u.k. Boxing Addict banned

Feb 14, 2006
    bigot and a noob at that.

12. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Thats a pretty lazy and ignorant generalization.:good