Andy Ruiz Jr. :”I’m not fighting with AJ in the UK! I’m the A-side!”

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Gennady, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    No they are using that angle so when it's announced that the fight will be held in the US, Eddie can say it was AJ's will, rather than admitting that he had to concede terms to Ruiz's team.

Oneirokritis and Saintpat like this.
  2. Alphafighter

Alphafighter Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 4, 2017
    No kidding. I too would be refused to be dictated too by a chinny bum I ***** slapped the **** out of like a school kid and made him quit

NoNeck and wucking fasted like this.
  3. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    If there is only one thing stipulated in the rematch clause, it’s the purse. O doubt he makes a penny more no matter where it is held.

And the largest purse, going with your post, would be for one fight. If a shady Brit ref stops it or Eddie’s house judges steal it from a deserving Ruiz, he makes less in the long run because a unification with the Wilder-Fury winner would go up in smoke.

4. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    He already ageed to terms. You can't fight for terms once you agreed to them.

If he wanted to fight for terms he should have done it before he signed the contract.

5. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Of course we don't. We know however that Ruiz Jr. agreed to sign a contract INCLUDING a rematch clause before he won the fight. And he did so with having zero negotiating power.

He was no mandatory challenger. He had zero marketing pull. He was completely unknown. So, putting 1 + 1 together it's reasonable to assume Ruiz Jr. has no rights whatsoever as to when/where and how the rematch happens. If you argue otherwise then you automatically insinuate Hearn was dumb enough to leave rematch terms out of the contract. Possible? Sure. But highly unlikely.

Ruiz Jr. is however free to do what he wants. He can do what Rahman did; publicly proclaim he won't honor the rematch clause and sign to fight someone else and thus open himself up to a lawsuit. Let's see if he has the ba****. I don't think he does. He runs his mouth but in the end he will realize he doesn't want to pay millions in damages (which he doesn't have).

deltrotter likes this.
  6. nickpoppunk

nickpoppunk Unbelievable Bentekkers Full Member

Feb 14, 2012
    lol probably. dunno, i just cant see people travelling to watch the fight. needs to be closer to the UK or a hot tourist spot

7. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    It's just Al Haymon making him feel special

8. wucking fasted

wucking fasted Anthony Joshua - the Bob Sapp of boxing Full Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Chur!!!

Rockradar and gerryb like this.
  9. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    What proof do you have of this?

10. Dario Argento

Dario Argento The exotic Waitress banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2018
  11. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    everyone seems to have their own idea of what the contract says, depending on who theyre cheering for, even to go so far as to pretend they know more about the contract than ruiz does.
    feelings, nothing more than feelings
    trying to forget my feelings of love

12. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Ruiz calls the shots now. AJ dances to his tune or he looks like a coward.

13. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    It seems that way. The contract doesn't seem very cast iron at the moment so maybe this is exactly what happened.

If it was set in stone then Ruiz would be fighting in the UK for peanuts again.

14. LeftRightDownThePipe

LeftRightDownThePipe Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Aug 14, 2018
    And he shouldn’t fight Joshua in the UK! Ruiz is the champ and the fight should be right smack dab in Mexico City.

15. goosegoose

goosegoose Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2019
    meh stop taking sides. who cares where they fight it will end by knockout.