Andy Ruiz Jr. :”I’m not fighting with AJ in the UK! I’m the A-side!”

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Gennady, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Simon Head

Simon Head Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I want it in the UK, just so I can enjoy it at a normal time.

Ruiz is the champion, can not fault him for wanting it in the USA. Will look forward to it either way, but if it is in the USA again, it unfortunately means I will have to watch it on my own, which is not quite as fun.

2. The Clan

The Clan Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Are you saying it’s not so?

3. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    I'm saying it's to be determined. Joshua was exposed. We haven't seen what kind of effect that will have

4. The Clan

The Clan Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Time will prove one of us to be correct!

Richmondpete likes this.
  5. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    From AJ to BS ... for B-Side.

6. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Yes this.I honestly ended up thinking AJs fights had to be fixed as I could never get my head around him facing the likes of Parker,Povetkin and Ruiz and talking about Wilder in the build up.Clearly they weren't fixed and it was a genuine case of him disrespecting his opponents and thinking he'd win.

7. LeftRightDownThePipe

LeftRightDownThePipe Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Aug 14, 2018
    Doesn’t matter. He’s a proud Mexican and he wants to entertain his countrymen with a decapitation of that fake ***** hypejob Joshua. That’s why.

8. edabomb

edabomb Active Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Can't blame him as there's a high chance of a mugging in the UK. Wouldn't be surprised if they have Dillian as the referee with his gloves on in case they need to double team Andy at any stage.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  9. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    He's not Mexican....

10. ElCyclon

ElCyclon Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 2, 2012

He's a Mexican citizen(has dual citizenship).

Not sure why some of you are having a hard time with this.

11. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    He's born and raised in LA, he's from there with Mexican Heritage, I'm not gonna lie I didn't know he was a dual citizen tho

12. ElCyclon

Dec 2, 2012
    He also lived in Mexico as an amateur, and early in his professional career, and represented Mexico in the Olympics.

13. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    That doesn't mean too much, Lennox Lewis moved to Canada and represented them in the Olympics but he's still British

Not hating on Ruiz. Him, Whyte and Allen are my favourite HWs at the minute (until Usyk is officially a HW) just didn't know why he'd pick to fight in Mexico (where he isn't from) over LA, where he'd make more money
    But as I said in the first page I don't think Ruiz has the choice he thinks he does, I have a feeling DAZN see a way to cement a solid fanbase here

14. ElCyclon

Dec 2, 2012
    Not too familiar with Lewis's history with Canada but if he had Canadian citizenship than he could legitimately claim to be Canadian.

The big difference is that Andy Ruiz has a great connection with his Mexican ancestry to the point of describing himself as a Proud Mexican (which might answer you question about why he chose to fight for Mexico).

15. Ken Ashcroft

Ken Ashcroft Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Did he choose to fight for Mexico or was he just unable to make the US team? Quite a lot of amateur boxers unable to make the grade for their country tend to represent their parents country of origin just so that they have a chance of going to the Olympics.

Sugar 88 and madballster like this.