Andy Ruiz Jr is not a natural full weight?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Juan carlos, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Dementia Pugulistica

Dementia Pugulistica Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Couldn't he lose 63 lbs and still weigh 220? Have they changed the weight for heavies? You would think he would be unknockoutable at a lower weight class.

2. Rico Spadafora

Rico Spadafora Master of Chins Full Member

Feb 20, 2008
    An in shape Andy Ruiz is a Cruiserweight. He is an obese slob.

madballster and reckless like this.
  3. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Look at the size of his frame. He's a heavyweight. Height doesn't dictate that much, frame does. Ruiz has a wide frame from shoulder to shoulder. He should be fighting at around 230-240 lbs. That's where he would be most effective.

Entaowed likes this.
  4. BoJangles

BoJangles Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 27, 2013
    time to start a 300 pound minimum weight Super Duper Heavyweight Division so guys like Ruiz don't have to diet and come in dehydrated!

5. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Sorry you are uninformed here.

First, you assumed he as on PEDs early. When there is no actual evidence. And he was big when very young, poor, & without working out or ny connections.

Next, many pro athletes get fatter-but most all lose muscle.
    he may be vegan & that is why he is thin. Or a million reasons why he is not fat. Unless you know he is lying, it is not rational to assume he is not vegan-at least not usually-or routinely lies.
    But not maintaining muscle into the 50's & loooong retired is virtually universal. Hence lighter.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  6. Entaowed

Dec 16, 2012
    This is about precisely right!

Ruiz has thin legs? Maybe compared to his stomach or Wilder, but not in absolute terms.
    The one thing Reckless is right about is he is not 90's Foreman.
    Right, he is shorter & has less muscle than the man who used to pull trucks around.
    but still both a big bone structure, & much more muscle than an average man.

Again, LESS fat would be better.
    235 would mean ~ 25% body fat, & that likely would be ideal.
    It still lets him be fatter than is best for even most HWs, without being obese...
    And his stamina & workrate + footspeed would increase.

Aydamn likes this.
  7. Entaowed

Dec 16, 2012
    Well...I think Ruiz has no more than 175-180 lb. of Lean Body Mass (if he had zero fat).
    He will never get that lean, & never should approach it. But I think he has a bit less muscle than you think. 7% for him-at least his first fight, since he had an unknown amount of things he weighed in with...Would be ~ 190 lbs.
    But I DO agree that he would struggle, even mightily, to get under 200.
    And would lose strength & punch resistance.
    I do not think he has the constitution-at least the developed metabolic patterns-to be his own ideal weight as low of a bf% as many others.

Tyson was very muscular.
    Bruno was even more so. Tyson was or would be about as ripped as Bruno at his lightest prime weight, no more than 214-215.
    Bruno was a legitimate 6' 3" & 247 cut. So do the math (4-5 lbs. per inch for normal weight, must be no less than 6 for these guys) & they were not very different-mostly because Tyson had so much mass below the waist.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    Aydamn likes this.
  8. Entaowed

Dec 16, 2012
    Toney took steroids & added much muscle too. At his weight in the 230's & being short, he still had a lot of room for adding muscle under that fat.

9. Entaowed

Dec 16, 2012
    The man is saying Tyson was that heavy (without being tall or just fat) when a young kid, way before Atlas.
    Anyone could have used PEDs. But so much has come out about Tyson, it is unreasonable & unfair to assume it is being hidden.

10. Entaowed

Dec 16, 2012
    He was kinda fat-then when reaching & passing puberty became muscular. Before he had any credible access to PEDs-or reason to take them.

Unless you are discussing the recent slimmed down version of Joshua (then it is close), Tyson was never more muscular than him & Bruno.
    Look at photos of Bruno fighting Tyson at a chiseled 247 & 6' 3" max, & Joshua fighting at 254.
    Tyson's lower body kept him about the muscularity of Joshua, that is it.
    Bruno was bigger.

And how about someone like Carnera-he boxed around the time steroids first came out, nobody had them, no modern training, a strongman...And weighed in the 260's easy, fairly cut, at 6' 5 & a 1'2".

Tyson need not be as freaky as him genetically to have been all natural at his size.

11. Jon Saxon

Jon Saxon Active Member Full Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Ok so you strike me as a tad naive so I will be gentle...

OF COURSE Tyson was roiding, his whole career is one big roid rage advert.
    He was a fat kit
    Fought as a 190 amateur HW
    Fought as a pro HW from 208 to 216 (roughtly)
    Go sent away for being rapey and came out prison at 185..yep ONE EIGHTY FIVE.
    Hooked up with all the crims and within a few months and a little needle magic abracadabra TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY TWO POUNDS OF RIPPED SIX PACK TYSON Vs McNeely.

He then goes arm breaking, head butting, ear biting for a few years whilst trying to eat some children.

Roided to the gills and mad as f*ck .

Know your sport young man, know your sport.

reckless likes this.
  12. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Certainly a lot of weight for him to shed but anyone saying he should be a Cruiserweight is a ****ing idiot.

13. Entaowed

Dec 16, 2012

Your ability to discern who I am is completely off & absent any reason.
    I am 54. You are being patronizing & inappropriate-taking an ironically less mature pose.

1) Many folks way before & after steroids were around had great rage & violence.
    It is not evidence they used those drugs. Just being bipolar, tons of developmental & mental/psychological problems, sociopaths etc can make one violent & worse than Tyson.

2) Only some people believe Tyson 'roided. Would you tell all of them that they are naive, even though they-& I-may well have followed Ttyson before he got very popular, & may know more about the sport than you? Irrational & a Bad Faith argument.

3) Your own knowledge is limited. All fights of Tyson at anything you can call his (pre-prison) his peak were between 214-221 lbs.
    Unlike so many other HWs, (especially at his height) he never fought much lighter than that.
    Many like Ali (a LHW) were much lighter when young.
    If you are not even arguing he roided early, it makes refutation of convincing evidence even easier.

4) Because fighting McNeeley at 220 was if anything barely more muscular than he was before prison.
    Since his weight was almost precisely the same as before prison, & his body fat at most slightly reduced.
    As for in prison: anyone will lose muscle if they either eat much less or stop or greatly limit weight lifting or weight bearing exercises.
    I have lifted for decades. Muscle has memory, it comes back much faster than it was first put on.
    But I am skeptical that he added 25 lbs. of pure muscle within a few months. Evidence please.

5) His Mom was a hooker, father absent, mugging people when very young (& naturally muscular, benched a crazy amount when first stepping into a gym as a kid)...Being nuts or brutal later is consistent with who he was.

Again, I have no problem if you respectfully disagree.
    But do not start the foolish condescending attitude & the absent any cause jejune assumptions about who I am.

14. reckless

reckless Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Bruno was 228lbs in the first fight and did not look huge, just very cut. He was 5 inches taller than Tyson but only 10lbs heavier.

Bruno must've also roided to gain a massive 20lbs by the time they had their second fight.I've heard of Heavyweights gaining 10lbs of muscle throughout their careers but 20lbs is rare.

15. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    It's hilarious how many here are just trying to avoid calling Andy fat. He's FAT, all right. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck.. you know it IS a duck.

Stop trying to hide the obvious. He is not "big boned" or a "guy with a big wingspan". He's just a random fat guy, plain and simple.

reckless likes this.