Andy Ruiz Jr vs Anthony Joshua - Rematch

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Dec 4, 2019.

1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    AJ was outboxing Ruiz before getting caught in the 3rd, if this goes to points will AJ win by a wide margin?
    This content is protected

POTUS likes this.
  2. Sammy123

Sammy123 Money Maker Staff Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Strange, I thought it was Ruiz who was outboxing AJ prior to the knockdown.

3. BoxingFacts

BoxingFacts Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2019
    I don't think AJ has the elusivness just to box a pressure fighter, he will have to take chances at some point

POTUS likes this.
  4. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017

yep i think AJ will use his jab more now often

POTUS likes this.
  5. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    AJ UD or late KO

mark ant likes this.
  6. deadACE

deadACE Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Out boxing is a bit of a stretch but Joshua has the physical advantage with his height and reach, if he can use those effectively.

Ruiz will get on the inside and land shots at some point. Will be interesting to see what Joshua punch resistance is like

7. truth_teller

truth_teller Member banned Full Member

Jun 4, 2019
    I agree.

8. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I really want AJ to win but I must say Ruiz looks very comfortable and relaxed this fight week which doesn’t look good for AJ

9. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    What?! AJ was landing jab and Ruiz wasn`t landing anything.

10. BoJangles

BoJangles Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Re-watched it on dvd today, Ruiz won first 2 rounds and round 3 was 10-8 Ruiz, even Ringside experts agreed! Piglet was off balance and being lazy when he got dropped, then ate a perfect right bomb to the face before dropping the Frankenroids Monster with a left hook to the temple... 2 knock-downs of AJ and dominating the rest of the round after his knockdown gave him the round 10-8.

MorvidusStyle likes this.
  11. uranage

uranage Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Well all three judges gave Joshua the first 2 rounds and Ruiz was not off balance when he got dropped. They were in a exchange and Joshua hit him with a uppercut to lift Ruiz head up and followed up with a clean up left hook.

TipNom likes this.
  12. Simon Head

Simon Head Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I had the fight one round each going in to the third round. There was no point it looked like Joshua was winning the fight apart from the first knockdown.

13. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Cracker's 'nullify up close' comment and the use of this Pabon ref, who officiated the most grotesque match of hug-box ever witnessed with that Wlad-Povetkin monstrosity ... these are serious warning signs now. I'm guessing they had a big meeting after the loss and have spent this whole time investing in the hug-box tactic. Joshua has such a natural size advantage even if he's half as good as Wlad at this I think he can be effective. Hopefully he gasses a bit and fat-fck can get to him, but I fear the deck is pretty stacked against Ruiz here.

Reinhardt likes this.
  14. smiffyinoz

smiffyinoz Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    BBC interviewing Ruiz last night, sweating, nervously playing with a cushion and appearing anxious. A dodgy curry or pressure?

15. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    How many punches did Ruiz land in those rounds? Hardly anything was landed but AJ rocked Ruiz`s head back with jabs.

TipNom likes this.