Andy Ruiz lost punch resistance his extra poundage suited him better!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson Fury Goat, May 2, 2021.

1. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This. People love to get overly dramatic.

Anybody can get dropped regardless of how durable they might be and another factor is that Ruiz and Arreola have a lot of history considering Ruiz used to be one of Arreola’s sparring partners, so Arreola knows Ruiz’s habits in the ring, so it isn’t a big shocker that he was able floor Ruiz. But, at the end of the day all that matters is that Ruiz was able to get up and win.

Bokaj and Hanz Cholo like this.
  2. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Arreola had been out for four months longer than Fat Andy, is 40 y/o, shot to bits, and was 2-2-1-1 in his last 5 fights but in reality should've been 2-3-1 because K Level Kauffman was robbed against him. Fat Andy is 31 y/o ie. smack bank in the middle of his prime.

ShovelHook and sasto like this.
  3. panchman69

panchman69 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2012
    agreed, dieting at heavyweight is dumb imo, cut out the grilled chicken and broccoli, and start eating tacos, burritos, and nachos again. he just needs to cut down from 20 tacos to about 12.

4. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    His punch power, speed and punch resistance could be wosrt due to constantly weight change. I have said this long time ago, that he and Fury did get lucky, but this thing will finally catch on them.
    Its neither healthy, nor good to constantly have such a lifts in your weight.
    And lets be real here, just because he was with Canelo in a camp, and getting a "lessons" and pretending to be 100% focus and serious, and shows some video, doesn`t mean he is really all that.
    He is 100% eating garbage food, and there is no way he ain`t doing this, otherwise his body change would be way way more significant.
    Bro he is fat as ***** and its a completely disgrace for a PRO and for a guy that this is his job. At the end of the day if you are not liking your job, change the profession. Boxing and sport as a whole is a hard working stuff.
    For god sake after the Corona hit and all the gym were closed, and i could have train only in home, and there was some period i totally lost motivation and so, and i hit 310 pounds i was still looking way better than Ruiz did(i`m 1.88cm, and i`m 31). And exactly for 3 months in training(still in home) i lost like 20+pounds and my belly was gone. And guess how much more i could have loss if i have a full equipment gym, and this is my profession and i have to focus only on this. And btw for just 3 months and i`m still over the weight i want to be, my midsection is kinda shaped, and from the side you could see my oblique abdominal muscles shaped. As well as my upper abs kinda visible.
    For 3-4 months more i will be fully ripped with training at home, yet the fat ****** looks that out of shape, after claiming he was training hard and eating right for a 1+ year? This is the biggest joke i have ever heard. And this guys are taking roids as well.
    Boxing training is burning a lot of calories. I can just imagine how much garbage food this guys have to eat to looks like that.
    And they most probably train 2 or maybe even 3 times at day. I guess you should have at least 5-6x time conditioning training, at least 2-3x time strength training and at least 5-6 time boxing sessions.
    No way with the right food, and i`m not talking to eat like some i****** who thinks they should eat just rice and chicken and/or so, but right healthy food, with a lot of carbs so they could be able to recover, but still with a lot of carbs, healthy fats and right amount of proteins, for that much of work and that much of time with the right food, you should see a insane body reposition.

So constantly being out of shape and gaining/losing weight absolutely the wrong way will eventually catch to you, and you find it out of nowhere that your punch resistance is gone, your strength/power is not there, your speed is missing and so.

sasto and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  5. BUDW

BUDW Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Silly

6. IHaveAscreenName804

IHaveAscreenName804 Member banned Full Member

May 1, 2021
    Lol these clueless boxing fans crack me up. Losing weight on your gut is going to effect your ability to take a punch? Oliver McCall in his prime was usually in the 230's. He was never knocked down in his career. You think his chin was great because of how much fat he had on his stomach?

Ruiz got knocked down because of two things. Ruiz isn't that good and Arreola is a good puncher.

Reinhardt likes this.
  7. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    You don't loose weight in one particular area in the body. You can't spot reduce fat. You loose weight all around. Weight draining doesn't doesn't affect everyone, everybody isn't build the same, and size correlates with punch resistance but only to an extent. Muhammad Ali obviously has a better chin than David Price despite the gigantic size difference.

Oliver Mccall does not the same build as Ruiz. Ruiz is a natural fat ass.

8. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I would opt for better defense than gaining more weight.

9. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Fat Andy was out there from that left hook from a shot 40 y/o Arreola. Luckily he still has just enough super fat for it to be able to kick in and revive him before he hit the canvas but make no mistake he was unconscious for a split second.

Look at his eyes he was gone

Timestamped

This content is protected

sasto and Max Thunder like this.
  10. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    This content is protected

11. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    If fat adds to punch resistance why didn't Nichols go 12 with Wilder?

12. NEETzschean

NEETzschean Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 23, 2021
    In fairness to the division several of the "top 10" are grossly overrated:

- Wilder is broken mentally, getting older, too dependent on his athleticism and inactive
    - Whyte is slow, has questionable stamina, isn't tall or rangy and is glass chinned
    - Ruiz is too short, stubby and slow-footed to consistently beat rangier and more mobile heavyweights
    - Parker has no spite or will
    - Ortiz is 45 years old, had one good win 6 years ago and has since been KO'd twice by Wilder
    - Povetkin was shot after the Hunter fight, let alone after Whyte 1
    - Hunter was schooled and battered by Usyk as a cruiserweight, legitimately drew with a badly faded Povetkin

Fury, AJ, Usyk, Joyce, Hrgovic and Yoka are better than all the prior names imo, even Wallin and Makhmudov would probably beat most of them. But if we look at the top 10 of the 90's, 00's or 10's, there were more than a few inconsistent and limited fighters there. The biggest reason why the top 10 looks terrible is because it's too heavily based on past professional accomplishments and political considerations: Povetkin has an extensive resume but at this point any top 30 fighter should be favoured to beat him, Wilder was fast-tracked in the rankings because the U.S. were desperate for a heavyweight champion, Ortiz was over-promoted to make Wilder look better etc. Amateur pedigree is also barely considered if at all, so hungry, often avoided Olympians at or approaching their prime usually find themselves well outside the "top 10".

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    Serge likes this.
  13. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Arreola was always a banger.
    I'm not sure why people think Ruiz has lost resistance. He survived a very shaky start and came on strong as the fight progressed.
    Sure, he's been out for 18 months, so he might have been effected a bit more than otherwise, but he took a big few shots there.

Maybe Joshua's power is just a tad overrated, eh.

NEETzschean likes this.
  14. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    I'm surprised Ruiz eye was so easily swollen up again. Look like the bodybuilder really did a number on his cheek and eye muscle tissue.

15. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Had the punch that dropped Ruiz been lower on his jaw it'd been goodnight Andy

Serge likes this.