Anselmo Joel Moreno Ordóñez vs. Hugo Manuel Berrío Molina

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Mar 27, 2023.

"Chemito" or "Dias es Amor"?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2023.
  1. Moreno on points

100.0%
  2. Moreno by stoppage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Berrío on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Berrío by stoppage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Thursday at Roberto Durán Arena. Ten rounds scheduled at featherweight.

Moreno, the Panamanian southpaw local favorite, was a bantamweight in his prime and down there was the WBA champion from 2008 all the way until 2014 (upgraded to "super" champ halfway in). Berrío, an orthodox boxer and career super bantam from Colombia, fought several decent names and for minor titles but never a world championship.

Loser is pretty much done.

Rumsfeld likes this.
  2. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    At quick glance when I saw Moreno's name, I thought you were bumping an old RBR.

Badbot likes this.
  3. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    He made a comeback some years ago, but most of it has flown under the radar. He is ranked 8th now by the WBA.

Rumsfeld likes this.
  4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    I'm not altogether sure there's even going to be way to watch this, short of schlepping down to Panama to buy a ticket.

Even the most obscure cards around the globe are listed on Tim Boxeo's excellent boxing schedule on Stanza (along with links out to any legal streaming options and the BoxRec event pages) but this one isn't even on there. :nusenuse:

Rumsfeld likes this.
  5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
  6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    So this did indeed happen last night...and I actually tuned into Nex Panama's international live stream linked above (worked beautifully, at that) sometime around 10:30pm EST and considered firing up a RBR.

Alas, dog tired from increased workload and could barely keep my eyes open at that point, and noted with dismay that FIVE bouts still remained before the main event (a 4-, a 6-, an 8-, and two 10-rounders). Panama time it was only 9:30ish, you see, and cards running past midnight local isn't uncommon in South America. That'd have been 1am for me. Not possible. :ohno:

Anyway, unanimous three card shutout.

This content is protected

(edit: oof, yeah, check timestamp. 1:38am...and JJ is fairly on the ball with this stuff, so it was within a short time of the fight ending)

Anybody happen to catch it? How'd the little geezer look?

Rumsfeld likes this.
  7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Gosh he looks rough, no? :lol:

Three years my junior, somehow.