Anthony bellend and Dave coldwell

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Bogey picker, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Bogey picker

Bogey picker Former child banned Full Member

Oct 17, 2020
    Just seen recent IFL TV interviews from last night from these two men and their tweets etc.

It’s seriously embarrassing and why on earth are they even employed by Sky doing punditry giving their opinions when they’re clearly biased as ****. I’m not a ppv mug but you’ve got people paying £20 a pop to listen to bellend screaming like a bellend during the whole fight and then u have to listen to them talk complete shite after the fight.

How any observer can seriously think Sizzora won even 6 rounds of that fight is beyond me.

Embarassing and unprofessional from sky

Dangerwood84, Guru88, GTFUP and 17 others like this.
  2. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Mate it goes to show how tinpot boxing punditry can be during fights. In football we always have former players analysing their old clubs’ games and whilst there is always a slight bias there’s never anything as blatantly blinkered as we heard last night.

Best we can do is just not take it seriously.

Guru88, NasalSpray, N17 and 7 others like this.
  3. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Its hard when the pundit is screaming for his pal during the fight

I haven't heard Hoddle sing oh when the saints (thank god)

Your right though, but Hearn needs to knock that crap on the head where pundits blatantly cheers on a pal

Thats totally unprofessional

Dangerwood84, Guru88, N17 and 8 others like this.
  4. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    He's got no self awareness at all. He thinks he comes across as passionate and knowledgeable. That's how f***ing stupid he is. As someone on the forum said, Hearn thinks that Haye and Bellew thinking Chisora won means something. Adam Smith wants to grow some balls and get this arse kissing bunch off the air. Ultimately hes the boss and I dont think hes a stupid man, he must know what people think of team Matchroom.

5. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    The difference is that football pundits almost exclusively have no professional ties to their former club and word of mouth promotion is almost non-existent in football. Boxing pundits are either employed or have a partnership with the network, which is affiliated with the promotional outfit and so on. Biased promotion from these mugs is most certainly one of their key responsibilities.

The post-fight chat last night was especially bad. Dave Coldwell could put a glass eye to sleep and Tony Bellew as insufferable as ever. Both spouting absolute nonsense.

Dangerwood84, N17, Sugar 88 and 5 others like this.
  6. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Yeah fair point. Punters should submit their feedback by not buying these PPVs.

7. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The whole Sky Boxing Production about as stale as the undercards.

The whole lot needs cleared out along with Adam Smith and the concept of pay per puddings.

Dangerwood84, GTFUP, N17 and 3 others like this.
  8. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    The real viewing figures last night if measured would show the PPV Mugths were outnumbered by at least 15 to 1.

The Mugths must be shaking their heads in disbelief at what they got for their wonga last night.

Rayaitch, im sparticus, N17 and 3 others like this.
  9. rezzer

Feb 11, 2009
    Do you think it did a lot of buys ? Hearn will say it did. I think it died on its arse. Terrible undercard, Halloween, global pandemic, the casuals probably had better things to do, the hardcore probably found other ways to see it. It wasnt that long ago that people used to be talking about a big PPV, Froch Groves, Joshua Klitschko, Fury Wilder even Haye Klitschko. This one like Povetkin Whyte had zero word of mouth. They've been completely watered down , familiarity has bred contempt.

Guru88, im sparticus, N17 and 2 others like this.
  10. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    No longer a big occasion now and people know it.

N17 and rezzer like this.
  11. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    They need to stop having boxers mates working -- it is not good tv

Guru88, N17, crixus85 and 6 others like this.
  12. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I reckon Boris announcing lockdown mk2 didnt help the buys
    People might have thought twice with all the uncertainty

Im glad i had the DAZN coverage last night as although its still pony, i really couldnt be arsed with the inevitable Bellend tosh or Nelson treating SKY like the messiah of TV

N17 and rezzer like this.
  13. rezzer

Feb 11, 2009
    The next one Whyte Povetkin 2 is the rematch no one particularly wants to see. That's going to be a hard sell. The football PPVs have completely bombed, greed got found out, its going to happen to boxing soon.

14. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Football ppvs? Talk to me..

N17 likes this.
  15. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    Bellew was totally unprofessional last night, he's paid to analyse the fight. Not to be screaming like a banshee at the side of the ring all night, his screeching was pure ear aids. For someone that wants a 'quiet life' he tries to make himself the centre of attention.

Dangerwood84, Guru88, DON1 and 10 others like this.