Anthony Bellew v David Deron Haye - 17th December

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CutThroatFade, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    I dont believe it,knowing Haye,their is still 2 months of camp left,he will balloon up a couple of weeks before the fight,going for the knockout again,as it will be a embrassment if he only beats Bellew by points.

2. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    if haye comes in light and injury free this'll be a walk in the park

Birmingham likes this.
  3. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    This content is protected

4. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Makes you wonder tho if all that muscles neccesary. Hes basically dwarfing a rugby player. Obviously his dimensions are bigger...not too sure if that danny guys still playing rubgy or whatever. But starting to think hayes got carried away with all the "muscle." Hes not their too win a physique competition hes there to win a fight afterall.

Maybe forgoing some of the muscle workouts in exchange for reflex and speed training would actually benefit him. Its a fine balance one i think hes went too far the other way on.

5. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Tbf he doesn't look overly muscular there, rather he just looks lean. Very good physique for an athlete and a boxer IMO, doesn't look like he's carrying excess weight. It actually looks to me as though he's laid off the weights. At the press conference last week he was looking smaller in dimension than Bellew so he's looking fine IMO.

ryanm8655 likes this.
  6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    He looks the same as he did in the last camp mate, aesthetically amazing. He’s going to come in at 16 stone again imo.

7. bbjc

Feb 25, 2012
    Agree he was looking good at the press conference. He always looks good tbf. Looking at that body tho...its like they ve worked on every muscle similar to how a bodybuilder goes about it. Hes not overly big. But without sounding like an old timer...that muscle slows you down. Gives him less range of motion or slows it down anyway.

Look at bellew for example. Looks terrible. But he,d probably be less of a boxer if you substituted it all for muscle. Its not that i m against weights. Its just that their using it the same way bodybuilders do nowadays. When bodybuilders are doing it specifically to look good. David just needs to fight...no prizes for looking good in this sport.

8. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    He’s more muscular than a number 10 rugby player and he’s a heavyweight boxer...not surprising...

Looks leaner and lighter, but could b lighting I guess...we’ll see in 10 weeks time...

I’m betting he comes in around 215.

Birmingham likes this.
  9. bbjc

Feb 25, 2012
    Haye being a moron again. He's meant to be in a serious training camp. Surely it could wait till after hes fought bellew.

The first time round he told us he didnt need to train for bellew. And it kind of appeared he never in the end.

Every time
    I seen them training it was just hitting pads really hard. Like they we,re trying to impress themselves. Didn't look like they even trained any sort of game plan except to knock him out. Even the training on the boat etc...and his days out of fun in camp. Comes across a disaster when the reality was hayes timing etc was miles off regardless if the boat etc was a bit of kidology.

Needs to get down to work now...plenty of time for this sort of thing when he's retired.

10. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    We are seeing the inevitable physical breakdown of an athlete carrying far too much muscle for the sport he is in and for his frame.
    In fact Hayes physical breakdown happened when he retired the first time after standing up Tyson Fury twice plus a third fight against someone else.

The same physical breakdown will happen with AJ who clearly eats his cheerios and is carrying a lot of excess muscle as well. We saw he was probably carrying an injury against Takam and by his early 30s that body will be breaking down

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  11. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    He's clearly much smaller than last camp pal, lost a fair bit of muscle.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    Twentyman likes this.
  12. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    he'll always look good aesthetically tbf. he's got cream of the crop mulatto/bbc physique genetics. like eubank snr, watson, carl thompson, bruno, aj etc.

13. hap

hap Member Full Member

Mar 28, 2015
    I'd like to see Haye come in light the right way, or as much as that's possible at this stage.

He needs to approach it as a nailed-on 12 rounder, and be prepared for it to be more of a boxing match than the slugfest the first fight degenerated into from the get-go. It won't stay that way but he needs to be able to win a decision if it does.

No need to engage in verbal theatrics, he's still the favourite so the pressure is still more on him than Bellew. It's about winning the fight, not selling it. The real money's still in a Joshua clash, he should remember that. The same kind of bollocks that got chucked about at the first fight's pressers will only serve to sap energy and focus.

This win-a-workout business doesn't worry me as Haye has always had his foot in his own promotions so with Matchroom doing the majority of the donkey work with this one, if he's more comfortable staying busy then so be it.

On a side note, I'm not sure if it happened during or straight after the fight, but I remember Adam Booth's immediate reaction being that Haye had obviously not sparred for the fight. Which didn't jive with the 30 rounds he was supposed to have done with Bryant Jennings. Noone would know what's going on with Haye better than Booth so it makes me wonder whether that was said to hide an existing injury or if the ragged, amateurish first few rounds were due to that sparring not having taken place.

My biggest worry with the first fight was Haye underestimating Bellew, my biggest worry now is that Haye didn't look good in the first fight because he's simply diminished due to age, injury and meaningful bouts. If that really is the case then this will be a very hard night for him. I don't believe that though, if only because he seemed to settle into the first fight prior to the leg going.

People who downplay the rematch are crazy, this will be fascinating.

14. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    It's a very interesting fight but ultimately if Haye doesn't KO Bellew then his career is over. If he wins I can see Hearn building towards a Joshua fight with both having soft fights in early 2018.

I do have my doubts if Fury can physically get back into shape by the middle of next year, and even if he does it would be idiocy to take the Joshua fight as a comeback fight.