Anthony Joshua agrees Joseph Parker fight for 2018 after heavyweights finally agree on money

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by destruction, Dec 20, 2017.

What is the result?

Poll closed Mar 10, 2018.
  1. AJ KO/TKO

63.1%
  2. AJ UD

26.2%
  3. Parker KO/TKO

7.7%
  4. Parker UD

1.5%
  5. DRAW

1.5%
  1. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    AJ late stoppage, but I would love to be wrong !

2. Trumpy

Trumpy Active Member Full Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Parkers , gonna drop the knees , and come forward , make the big stiff body builder punch down , and miss , Then slip , come up , and BOOM

Sephiroth Rising 7 and Scyson like this.
  3. crixus85

crixus85 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2014
    It will be, but should it be PPV, given that most seem to think Joe hasn't much of a chance?

4. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Takam was given an even smaller chance and that was PPV. So was Molina and Breazeale, why wouldn't it be PPV it's a frickin unification fight.

Espin88 likes this.
  5. underwraps

underwraps Active Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2017
    AJ fan being British.Big ups to Parker for taking the fight at around 30%.Still a great payday.Showing bigger balls than Wilder imho.

6. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Me Vs Joshua should be PPV. You’re watching a unified world champion in the most spectacular division of all.

7. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    An out of shape Ruiz hit Parker for fun. If Hughie Fury had an ounce of aggression, he could have punished Parker several times during their encounter. Thing is though, Hughie and Ruiz have very good footwork and fashioned some nice opportunities. Although Joshua isn’t as good on his feet as Ruiz and Hughie, I expect him to do a 12 round shutout against the durable Parker. Every close round will be scored to AJ without a doubt. I don’t believe Parker has the quality to dominate more than a couple of rounds against the bigger puncher.

8. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I asked the same question as to why his chin is rated so highly.
    A poster replied that he had never been put down in his career or in the gym etc and it was thought to be good.
    I dont know the truth

9. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Thats an interesting post with some points to think about

10. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Hard to see past a Joshua win by mid to late stoppage.

Parker is very ordinary.

A competitive fight is all I want

11. NakiFan

NakiFan Proud Kiwi Guy Full Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Not too sure why you guys think Parker is small??

he is over 6ft 4, weighs 240lb ave

AJ is 6ft 6, weighs 245lb ave

12. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    I will always picked against aj because imo his a knockout waiting to happen and even after he manged to get the win against klitchsko and he was very lucky you think he would sort his stamina out but instead he takes more of what ever his been taken and doubles it and comes in even more basic and robotic and got constant breaks off the ref and even needed help to keep the knockout streak going so I wouldn't write a parker win off not at all

13. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I think 6'4" and between 230-240lbs is pretty much average in this era of heavyweights. Pulev, Whyte and Ortiz are all a similar size. So yeah Parker isn't small at all, smaller than Joshua of course but not small in the context of the current division.

14. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I think boxing skills can compensate for size...unless the opponent is also highly skilled of course. I don’t believe AJ is blessed with boxing skills...he does the fundamentals ok but is assets are his speed, strength and power. He moves in straight lines, hardly moves his head, doesn’t duck, weave or switch angles. He’s like the ruck in a game of chess. I watched his fight with Takam in the pub and I heard some lads behind me naively say “he’s 6”6, why doesn’t he just walk up to him and knock him out”? They’ve got used to him knocking out tin cans (with the exception of Klitschko) and couldn’t grasp that just like Klitschko, AJ needs to set himself to throw a shot. His Adonis like physique restricts fluid movement. So any opponent who’s good on his feet will make it difficult for him to land, and a bit of an eyesore for the fans...as limited as Parker is, his footwork (and chin) will insure a 12 rounder.

I’m really not sure why i’ve rambled on or what my point was...I think i’m just going a bit bonkers after being mithered all morning by my family.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

NakiFan likes this.
  15. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    No way Hughie deserved to win a boxing match by touching his opponent with his glove occasionally whilst running away.

This is boxing not tag. World of difference between what Tyson did to Wlad and the pathetic showing Hughie put in against Parker.