Anthony Joshua claims the fight is 1 step closer

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MarkusFlorez99, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Ruiz Jr is a journeyman because he lost close decision vs Parker in Parker's home country NZ?

Ruiz had fought with older kids than he cos his size since amateurs.
    For you undefeated is measure for boxer not to be a journeyman? Then A.J too is a journeyman and more journeyman than Ruiz.
    Ruiz lost rematch in eddie show on cards and vs Parker in NZ and therefore he is just journeyman?

I fully appreciate lads who does not choose to attempt made career in professional boxing and does not choose to attempt make career in fighting sport.
    If this is fighting sport, then better looks to seek career in MMA, MT, KB.

If someone who had 2 lost fights on cards vs top 10 ranked opponents in division with 1000+ boxers is just a journeyman then boxing fans are crazy.

U demand undefeated record? Then please, there are few notable boxers with famous 0 in fight record.
    Undefeated professional boxers.

While there are combat sports with champs with records looking like 22-5 and 200-20 and ppl honour them.

Then boxing fans are angry why boxers does not fight close matchup fights.
    0 is everything?

N17 and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  2. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

:lol:

Unforgiven likes this.
  3. N17

Feb 16, 2013
    Exactly.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  4. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    We?

Oh behave Olu

N17 likes this.
  5. N17

Feb 16, 2013

I'm British, Its all good for me. We have two Heavyweight world champion, 1 and 2 in the division, so why would I be upset or hate?

It's amazing for British boxing.

I don't hate AJ, but I hate the rewriting of history and delusional nonsense people like you come out with, the ridiculous hype and over the top credit.

And I have given Fury stick too, I picked Wilder to beat him twice, so other than being bad at predictions it hardly makes me a delusional Fury fan.

I picked Ruiz Jr in the first fight, when AJ quit, I had money on him to win by any method at 16/1. So maybe my predictions are more hit and miss.

You'll entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine, with respect mine are more based in reality.

6. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    He did not had quit. He just get proper boxing from Ruiz.

Ruiz does hits hard and does have hands not slower than Usyk. He is leg lazy and appeared might be lazy but he really is more skilled than Whyte and Chisora together taken.

I had picked A.J via UD before their first fight. Ruiz had KOed boxers who had main target to finish him.
    Parker looks that had target to defeat him on points and showed prescription basics how to fight vs Ruiz.
    Looks that A.J had did homework I had expected ha had did before their first fight for his rematch.
    A.J vs Ruiz III for sure might had be sold better than A.J vs Pulev.
    Likely boring fight but they had showed class. Ruiz proved that despite he was lazy, he still is skilled and A.J thinks a lot.

Fury too isn't bad, me liked how he had adapted during fight vs Wallin and looks he might improve further.
    Unless there no other priorities like after fight with old, over the hill lethargic Wlad's version.

Both are not bad.

N17 likes this.
  7. kim_jong_un

kim_jong_un Member banned Full Member

Mar 6, 2018
    Boxing's not a mainstream sport anymore. Why should they? Even grandmas in Chinese villages have heard of Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali. They'd pay to have guys like that. I bet there's even some brits even who have no clue who Tyson Fury or Anthony Joshua is.

N17 likes this.
  8. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    The difference are my predictions tend to be correct which perhaps indicates I understand boxing, styles and match ups better than you do. Since you raised it I want to elaborate further that AJ’s loss to Andres Ponce Ruiz Jr in the first fight was a blessing in disguise. AJ as a result is a much more dangerous adversary now. I never liked the late switch to Ruiz after Jarrell Miller failed the drugs test. I had seen Ruiz Jr fight and told one of my buddies that it had now become a much tougher fight. I did not make a prediction but I did not like it one bit as I had seen Ruiz Jr beat up a guy 6 weeks earlier on the PBC card with similar dimensions to AJ. Even Canelo, Eddy Reynoso and Oscar de La Hoya asked Eddie Hearn if they were sure when they choose Ruiz. To me it was novice matchmaking. To beat a guy well schooled like Ruiz you need to prepare properly sparring etc.

N17 likes this.
  9. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Very good post Surrix. Well said. I agree Ruiz is a very skillful boxer and experienced. Far from a journeyman not in the least. I am looking forward to seeing him fight under Eddy Reynoso who has got him into great condition. Details are very important in boxing which you rightly point out people missed with Ruiz. I would put money on him beating Dillian Whyte and Wilder if they fought.

10. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Of course it is not.
    I might compare with basketball and ice hockey. Some random sport fan from EU. He had listed me 11 NBA teams and 15 NHL teams and did not knew who is Wilder, A.J or Fury.
    Sport fans uses sport portals and a lot of them does have sub sections. Guy clicks on kind of sport to select section he will see. Like he clicks and he doesn't even see boxing news. He is interested in basketball and ice hockey and he clicks menu and he get what he asked.

11. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    The Saudi’s paid$72 Million for AJ vs Ruiz 2 so they will pay more for AJ vs Fury.

kriszhao likes this.
  12. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    It’s okay brother I am enjoying the banter. Some get worked up because they think it’s untenable AJ can win this fight which is ludicrous. Even Fury knows AJ is more than capable of winning this fight.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  13. xnico

xnico New Member banned Full Member

Nov 6, 2020
    AJ is a dosser

14. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Been reading this thread playing 'A-side predictor'. You estimate how many pages it takes to be written and by whom first. I won.... :lol:

N17 likes this.
  15. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    This content is protected

N17, Serge and Unforgiven like this.